Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 3
Perfect First Date:

I don't know what my idea of a perfect first date is... there are so many options. Something fun, with a group, and where you get to do some getting to know you rather than just sitting, watching a movie or something.

Jeremy and I actually had a pretty awesome first date as far as first dates go. We went (with all of his roommates and their dates) to the ice caves near Rexburg to hike. We hiked up to the caves, then we went in as far as we dared. Since Jeremy and I had never met before, this was a fun way to get to know someone. Jeremy later told me how impressed he had been that I was willing to go into the cave so deep since it was pretty claustrophobic. We had to slide through a few places on our tummies just to fit through, and I'm not going to lie, I was a little scared, but I couldn't wimp out!
We had a lot of fun, and on the way down is when he held my hand for the first time! I know, he's such a fast mover! We had gotten separated and he was somehow at the very front of the pack and I was stuck at the back, so he came back and grabbed my hand, and we ran down the rest of the hike hand in hand, way in front of everybody else. Then when we got to the bottom, we waited, somewhat awkwardly (remember, we didn't know anything about eachother!). After that we all drove back to Rexburg and had dinner at a mexican place (bleck! but once again, who is going to impolite on a first date, not me!). Jeremy found out about some of my weird eating habits and he and his roommate an my roommate (they were on the date together too) heckled me about that for a bit, then we went home! It was a lot of fun, and I think it's a great idea for a first date!

2 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Remember, heckling on a first date means the same thing that heckling in kindergarten means: true love! haha

Hedgecocks said...

Group dates are the best. Playing your card game at Katy's was classic, and we really got to know each other in a whole new light. We should get together and play that game soon!