I don't have radio in my car, so I don't know a lot of the new popular songs these days. One of the newer songs I really like is Michael Buble's song Haven't Met You Yet. Unfortunately that song is apparently pretty overplayed, so most people who have radios in the car are tired of it. I have so many favorite songs it's impossible to pick one. I'd need one for every different type of music. One song that always brings back good memories though is "Ballroom Blitz".
My dad LOVES oldies, and as a result, all of us kids now has an appreciation for the music of his generation. I remember one time in particular that I had a friend in the car from school and my dad had one of his CD's in. I was at first a little embarassed by his loud singing and dancing, (I was probably like 13 years old) and then this song came on. I almost forgot my friend was in the backseat because my dad and I got so into singing and dancing. Especially the first part.
dad: You ready Steve?
me: uh huh
dad: Andy?
me: Yah
dad: Mic
me: Ok
together: Alright fellas, lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Then wild drumming and craziness ensues.
Anyway, when the song was over and I looked back my friend was staring in bewilderment. After my dad got out of the car though she admitted that it was fun to watch and that my dad and I must be close and she liked that. Everytime I hear that song that scenario plays through my head though and I smile! I do have a goofy dad who I love and am glad for our relationship too!
So there, bet ya didn't think I could make that into some long post with a weird story!
1 comment:
Hahaha! It's funny how we thought those things were so dorky back then, but now we are going to expect our kids to do too. I can just see you and Brenna now... :)
Post a Comment