Monday, June 1, 2009

Brenna's 1!



Well I guess it's about time I told you all about my 1 year old!  Yup, Brenna is one, and I can hardly believe it!  Although her new little miniature temper tantrums remind me that it's true.  She had a very nice birthday and I'd like to thank everybody for their gifts and birthday wishes!  We did the whole "cake and ice cream" thing, and at first she wasn't sure, but as soon as I put some icing on her tongue, she was sold.  I even caught her trying to lick her plate clean once all the big pieces were gone.  I was trying to think of something really cute to do for this blog entry, like 12 things I love about Brenna or about being a mom, but it all seemed sort of silly, so just know that I do love being a mom, and I love Brenna and there are far too many and too obscure of feelings to put into a list of things.  I feel very blessed to have been given a sweet a spirit as I have, and although I do miss having a tiny baby, I also am looking forward to the next year and the ones after that and praying that I can teach her all of the right things!


Also I have a video from her birthday.  It's a little long and not all that interesting, but for friends and family who weren't there and want to see her eat cake and wearing a birthday hat, I'll post it anyway!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

very cute, now the terrible two's begin :) I think they technically start when they're one and are walking.

I didn't know what to do for my blog when they turned one either so i ended up doing a video slideshow of there first year. I won't do anymore just for the first one where they learn SO much in that year.

Kristy Stanford

Kaleigh and Kevin said...

Wow! She is so grown up!! That was such a cute video. I can't wait to see her again this summer! It looks like she is a big fan of the cake anyways!! Smart girl!