Saturday, June 20, 2009

BAD Sleeping Habbits

So, I am REALLY enjoying my visit home.  We have been busy and doing lots of fun stuff.  I have absolutely no reason to complain, especially since Brenna was such an angel on the flight here... but just a little bit of complaining anyway!  It is currently 4:33 AM here in Calgary, and I am up.  Not only am I awake, but I have been for about 3 and a half hours.  So I went to bed around 11:30, and at about 1 I was awoken by a crying little girl sleeping at the foot of my bed.  This has been happening every night, and usually lasting for two hours before I can get her to sleep again (with me downstairs on the couch usually).  Last night we made headway though, and silly me I thought it would be a breeze from here on out.  WRONG!  Now it's her worst night so far!  I have tried everything..  I tried to cuddle her in my bed.. didn't work.  I tried to let her cry it out (for over 40 minutes with me saying silent prayers the entire time).. didn't work (also woke up everyone else I'm pretty sure).  I tried to feed her a bottle... she ate it, but.. didn't work.  After some more cuddling in bed and me nearly breaking down like a baby myself.. I finally relented and brought her downstairs to play for a little...... HELP!  I don't know what else to do, and I might just go insane if this continues.  Naps are fine, which makes me optimistic, but nights are nightmares!  I am hoping it gets better, but dreading the idea that maybe, just maybe, it'll get worse!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

maybe give her some teething medicine. It's so hard when you are at family's house because you want to do anything for them to be quiet so you dont wake up everybody else compared to if you are at your own house and don't have to worry about that. Hopefully it gets better, you should message or call me while u'r here and we can get together, go somewhere fun or whatever.

Evelyn said...

I am so sorry! I am dealing with the exact same thing and it's not getting any better. Not such good news for you or me. When you figure it out let me know!!

The Booth Family said...

At least your family is there to help with Brenna if you need a nap. This is what we went through just 2 weeks ago (+fever). Msybr dhr id teething.Hope it gets better!