Potty training didn't take the exact course I was hoping it would. We are now taking a break from it. There have been too many yucky accidents to talk about and I just don't think she's ready. We're both getting pretty frustrated, and it's no longer exciting, it's just stressful! We will see how things go in a couple of months or something! In the mean time, life goes on! Brenna is so much fun and always is able to crack me up. She can drive me absolutely crazy too, but who couldn't love this goofball? Jeremy will hate that this is up here, but I think it's SO funny! She found this piece of Tule the other day and played with it all day long. This is her right after her bath playing with it more!
I taught her everything she knows! hahaha
Brenna is talking almost non-stop now and it is really fun to hear. She is very assertive most of the time, but I no longer have to constantly worry about her being a bully. She still has her moments of coarse, but it's much better, and now, more often than not, it's someone else's kid being the troublemaker and not mine. That's a great feeling!! I straightened her hair the other day to see how long it is. Pretty long!
Mason is still the happy guy he's known for. I love his shorter, lighter hair, and am glad we cut it when we did. He is now constantly rolling onto his tummy, but he still has trouble getting back again, so he gets upset once he's stuck. My only real complaint with Mason is that he has always had trouble sleeping at night. I have been swaddling him since he was born every time he sleeps. It used to help, but recently I've worried that it's hindering his sleeping abilities instead of helping. I decided two days ago to practice sleeping without being swaddled, and it went great. I mean, the first time he cried for a long time before he went to sleep, but after that, it was cake! So I was all proud and excited... today was a totally different story. He cried for really long periods today and only ever took like 2 20 minute naps. We're both exausted, but here's hoping for a good night and progress tomorrow! Here he is with his first mohawk!
Here's his first successful nap without crying and without being swaddled... it's a beautiful thing!
Brenna always wants to wear dresses now. This dress in particular. She loves twirling in them and dancing. I think it's adorable... plus this is a dress I made for her, so that doesn't hurt either. I think she has a good balance... she loves dinosaurs and dragons, but also loves dresses and pink. Sounds perfect to me! She found my glasses the other day, and I thought she looked so smart and old! haha and cute!
4 comments:
Your kids are just sooo cute Lana!! I LOVE the dress you made for Brenna!! Good luck with the potty training ... it's definitely not something I'm looking forward to in the future!
I'm with your husband, since your blog isn't private, I wouldn't post a pic like that. It's adorable and it sucks that there are creeps out there but there are:(
Yeah for mason taking a nap on his own! What a boy. Him and cole need to have matching fohawks for church this Sunday. :):):)
I love your kids hair! I can't believe how long Brenna's hair is straight! She look so much like you when it is straight. Mason looks like Jeremy, so what will the next one look like? Good call on the potty training, give it a break until she seems more ready and eager. I never force it cause it makes me crazy!!!!
Post a Comment