Saturday, August 21, 2010

Vacuum Woes

So we have this vacuum, and it doesn't really do it's job. It barely picks anything up off the floor, and the dirt doesn't dump down into the bucket like it's supposed to, and I finally had it and started looking at other vacuums online and seeing how much we would need to spend to get a decent replacement for cheap.
After doing this, I decided that I would first troubleshoot on our vacuum a bit, so I downloaded the user manual and read about all the different parts you can clean and stuff to get it running better. So I started taking the vacuum apart. I should have taken pictures of this process, but I was so grossed out I was just going as fast as I could. I first took out all the filters and cleaned them, but then I read about cleaning the spinner thing, so I did that, and then looked up the air hole or something, and it was jammed with stuff. I so had to unclog the tube thing too, and pull a TON of hair off the spinner thing.... ANYWAY!! It was gross, and my vacuum is sitting here in pieces while all of the filters dry, but I have high hopes that after all that, that it will once again clean like it should! We shall see, if not, I may need suggestions of reliable vacuums that are still pretty cheap!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ick! That's no fun. Adam and I bought a dirt devil when we first got married, and it's still running great. If i remember correctly, we bought it because it wasn't too pricey.

The Booth Family said...

Ahh! We got a super expensive vacuum for our wedding and it died like 4 months later. I bought a cheapy thing but I need a good one too.

LOCKHARTS said...

Hey Lana! I clean my vacuum all the time. It always works better after. I have a bissel and we paid around $300 for it. It has always done a good job...but like I said I clean a lot. Let me know how your vacuum works once you put it back together!