PS - I'm working on posting some ultrasound pictures for those who have asked.. I just need to remember to scan them!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Pregnancy Complication
I am just putting this out there since I'm not really informed on the subject, and I'm wondering if anybody has experience/knowledge about it. I guess I have placenta previa which showed up on my ultra sound. They didn't tell me then because I didn't see the doctor after the ultrasound. The doctor has said that for now it's no reason to worry, that although it isn't a common problem, it does usually resolve itself before delivery. I am taking certain precautions until my next ultrasound when we can see if it's corrected itself or if it needs to be monitored more closely. I'm trying not to worry or freak out, but I want my little boy to be ok so badly! I'm sure he's fine, I guess the biggest risk is premature delivery or having to have a c-section if the placenta does fall all the way to cover the opening of the cervix. This might be TMI, but I really just wanted to know if anybody has had this! Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
At my first ultrasound they thought I might have placenta previa. As the baby grows they will be able to see more clearly if it will be a problem or if it will be okay. There really isn't much you can do about it right now. Once they know for sure it's good to take things easy.
My cousin DID have placenta previa and had to be on bed rest later in the pregnancy because of spotting. (Baby was healthy and fine through out the whole pregnancy). She did end up going into labor early (I think at 34-36 weeks)and had a c-section however the baby and she were completely fine. No other complications.
I know it's scary but I wouldn't stress about it too much right now. There is a big chance that you won't have it, and extra stress will cause more stress to the baby then having the placenta previa. I hope this helps a little. I know things will be alright! :)
Hi Lana,
I'm sorry to hear about this, i will be praying for you and your little guy that it goes away!
Post a Comment