We didn't go to our ward campout this year, unfortunately, but we did get some things done! We enjoyed a nice family date night on Friday. We went to Panda Express for dinner, and then this frozen yogurt place for dessert. We enjoyed our yogurt while walking around Westgate a bit and Brenna had lots of fun running along the benches with daddy. She loved flying over the gaps!
I think this picture is hilarious. I can't stop laughing every time I see it. She looks CRAZY!
On Saturday, I made Jeremy promise that if we were going to stay home from camping that we'd get some things done. So we spent the morning garage sale shopping for some winter clothes for Brenna (she's actually going to need pants when we go to Canada to visit!). We didn't find much, so that was a little disappointing, but the afternoon proved to be very productive anyway. Jeremy got to work on the yard. Our yard is FULL of plants and bushes that have thorns all over them. If it were up to me, I'd just get rid of them all and plant a garden... maybe one day we will do that. But right now our yard is sort of a danger zone. Also, Jeremy breaks out in nasty rashes after doing yardwork and then itches and can't sleep for days. As a result of this, we don't get our yard work done all that often, so it piles up. This Saturday, we were going to tackle it. We did the whole backyard. Cut all the bushes back down to size and dragged the remains down to the street for bulk trash pick up. This is the aftermath:
Ok, it doesn't look that bad, but his legs were covered in blood drips from all the thorns poking. I just thought to take a picture too late and most of them were cleaned up already.
Half of our backyard!
Even though I wouldn't say our yard is kid-friendly yet, it is MUCH better. One day, we'll get rid of all the rocks and lay down turf, and we'll get rid of all the bushes and plant a garden... that's my vision anyway!
1 comment:
sounds like you made the best of skipping ward campout and what a good husband for shedding blood to help make the backyard more kid friendly for his little girl and boy to come! i've always wondered if panda express was a good restaurant....maybe we'll have to try it out now that i know someone who likes it
Post a Comment