My mom was here for a few days this week, and I have to say how very nice it was to spend time with her. I wish my dad and siblings could have all come, but I'll take what I can get! I love having my mom visit, or visiting them in Canada. I knew when I got married and moved here that it would be hard to be away, but I don't know if I realized how hard. I miss them all the time and deep down I harbor a hope that one day we will be able to live a little closer (I'd say Canada, but I don't want to push my luck). It's nice living here close to Jeremy's family too though, so it'd be a tough move to make either way. ANYWAY, we had a really fun time for 5 days and forgot about all worries/responsibilities (not that I have many). We shopped, ate, relaxed, and played with Brenna. We forgot to take pictures a lot, but I do have a few of Grandma Smith and Brenna.


I'm glad they got to spend some time together. My mom even watched Brenna one afternoon so Jeremy and I could go on a date. We saw "Surrogates" and enjoyed a couple of hours out. She was also able to attend the Dr.'s appointment when we discovered that we'll be producing a grandson for all these anxious grandparents, and that was special to have her there.
She also taught me how to make these kitchen "scrubbies" for the dishes, and they're super easy, cute, cheap, and fast. It's a fun little project, you can finish one in ten minutes or less and I bought enough blue netting to make 24 scrubbies for under $5. So, I should never have a shortage of dish scrubbers if anyone is in need!
Saying goodbye is always tough, but it doesn't diminish the desire to plan the next trip to visit ASAP! My mom and I are already secretly plotting for the next visit because Christmas seems a little too far away (I know, it's not, but I'm an emotional pregnant lady that needs her mommy), and Brenna needs to see some snow this Christmas season I think. So, wish me luck in convincing the hubby that I NEED to see my family in between now and Christmas badly enough to spend the $350 or so on the airfare!! I will be trying my hardest! :)
Disclaimer: If I could go back I wouldn't change anything about marrying Jeremy and our life to this point, just so we're clear... I just might have had a more serious conversation about the probability of staying in Arizona FOREVER! haha but I love him a lot and love being here with him, almost all of the time!
2 comments:
I'm glad you got to spend time with your mom! Brenna looks so much older and taller in the second picture with your mom!
love those scrubbie thingys! so fun to have your mom around and i feel the same way about living away from home - miss them like crazy and can't get enough of those visits home :)
Post a Comment