Monday, August 27, 2012

Small Update

Nothing much to report here, but I thought I would do an update on our lives lately.  I have no new pictures to report though so it's sort of boring!
We have, as of today, moved Mason back into diapers, as number 2 has not been landing in the potty...ever.  I am tired of all of the messes, and so yes, I have three kids in diapers...... yay me...
Ok, Brenna is only in pull-ups at night, but still a pain.  We just spent about a month doing any and every method we could think of for Brenna's night time and Masons poop training, but all to no avail, so I gave in and went and bought diapers and pull-ups today.  Not a fun pill to swallow, but we'll figure it out eventually.
Owen is good like always.  He is still growing big and fast, and happy as can be, good sleeper, and generally a joy to all those around him!  We just LOVE our Owen boy!  Or Owenator as the kids have started calling him, akin to Masonator which Mason insists is his real and only name.
Brenna is learning so much lately and intent on doing everything herself.  I caught her trying to breastfeed Mason the other day while they were playing baby... yes, it was awkward.  It has been really neat lately to see how quickly she's learning new things that we had been working on for a long time.  She loves writing all of her letters now and can spell her name, and the word run without help.  Everything else she asks letter by letter and writes them all down!
Mason is a full-forced two year old whose whining and tantrums have really heightened, as well as his stubbornness, hence the return of the diapers.  Luckily he's still the cutest two year old I know, so I'm willing to wait it out!

My cousin Brent moved here a week ago to attend Midwestern for dental school and we have been really enjoying hanging out with him in the evenings!  He started school today, so we won't be able to play as much, but we will still make sure and enjoy having someone from my family around!  Also my brother and his wife are visiting next week and I can hardly wait to see them!

Our house is still up for rent, and our future still a bit unsure, so I will hopefully be able to post about that stuff sometime soon!

No comments: