Friday, August 10, 2012

Cat's Out of the Bag

Well, it seems like it's time to formally make the announcement!  Since there's a big ol' sign in our front yard, it's not really on DL anymore!!  After the sign went up I got a few concerned phone calls from people who live nearby, and then I mentioned our home being for rent in my last blog post, and I got a few more urgent text messages asking what the deal was.  SO, this is the deal!

For about two years now Jeremy has been trying every way possible to qualify so that we could buy a home.  With the market being so good it was hard to resist the opportunity to get in our long-term home for a great deal.  For a long time though, we couldn't qualify, and it got so that when he'd talk about it I would just assume it was all just talk and not really think about it.
Turns out that in about March or so (right around when Owen was born) he found a way for us to qualify.  I still didn't think it was serious until he casually mentioned he'd been scoping out the market and had even gone to see a couple of homes with our realtor (Sister Farrell).  Realizing that he could be serious this time I quickly joined in the hunt and was out seeing homes with them whenever I could with the kids.  We made offers on quite a few homes, but the market right now is absolutely crazy, and we didn't get any.  We then put an offer on a short sale home and after a few bumps they told us we got it and our offer was submitted to the bank.  We were given 90 days to wait.  That was 30 days ago.  It turns out it may all be happening a bit faster than we thought as things are moving along quick!  There are still no guarantees, and for all we know we will still be here for a while, but we are trying to rent out our home here so that we don't have to worry about it when things start getting crazy.

For a long time I couldn't wait to get out too.  It seemed all my friends were leaving the ward / state and I was pretty excited about the idea of getting out.  Now that it's happening though, I am at a place where it will be hard to leave.  I love our ward and all of the people in it.  I feel like we have a "place" in our ward, we have great friends, an amazing bishop whose family I love to bits, and so many great people that I'm glad to know and was looking forward to getting to know better.  I am excited for this opportunity for our family though to be in a better neighborhood for when Brenna starts school next year.  I am hoping it does all go through, and then just wishing away the next couple of months when things get stressful and crazy and a bit sad too.

No comments: