I decided to do this in a blog, since I feel like I'm over using facebook lately! haha so, I had a Dr. appointment today, but it turns out that in 2 weeks, she said I have only progressed maybe a centimeter if that, and she said I was 50% effaced, where two weeks ago I was apparently 75%... weird! BUT the baby has dropped significantly in the last two weeks, so that's a good sign! She said "see you next week!" though, so I'm going to stop hoping that every discomfort is a sign of labor and try and forget about it! I am almost 39 weeks, so I can hold out for another week ... leap baby? I think that would be awesome... if it wasn't a week away.. haha. When I first told Jeremy I wanted a leap baby when we found out our due date, he was like "that's silly, I would hate to have a leap birthday" but now, he really wants to have a leap baby! haha so, since it would be neat, I am aiming for next Wednesday... that's a better goal than every morning having the goal be today and then being disappointed!
In other news, I took the kids to Costco today just to walk around and get out of the house for a bit. They like sitting side by side in the cart, and I like wandering around Costco! We saw the cutest little kid pool chair thing with an umbrella... it was adorable, and both of the kids looked cute sitting in it.. if we had a pool! Anyway, afterward we got some lunch from the food place. I sat the kids down watching the lady through the window making the pizzas, and went and got in line. When I got back, a cute elderly man approached me. I thought he was going to say something about leaving my kids while I was in line, so I smiled and prepared, and do you know what he said to me? He said "I just had to come tell you how beautiful you look. I had to come over and let you know just how wonderful you look today". I literally almost cried. What a sweet man, and a sweet thing to say. I am almost 9 months pregnant, and not feeling too pretty these days, and also my hair was in a pony tail I had done in the car since it was so static-y. So.. in the end, I am so grateful for that man, and he may never know how much he made my day today! I was so grateful I almost hugged him, but he was already walking away, just making the world brighter one compliment at a time! So thank you to you sweet man!
No comments:
Post a Comment