Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Brenna!

I never realized how exciting a kid's birthday could be! I've been looking forward to this for a while and got pretty excited about making today really fun for Brenna! Here's my little two year old! Oh how time flies!
It's been hard to get her to take a break from all of her neat presents today! She got some neat things and I think she'll be content for a while with her new toys... at least for a day or two, right?
Her Elmo cake and Cookie Monster cupcakes. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty impressed with myself!
Here are all of the babies that were at the party! Well we are actually missing two because one was eating (cousin Ava) and another got there late (Hunter). this is from oldest to youngest from left to right we have Noah, Cole, Logan, Mason, and Harley. Mason is sporting his Suns love too in the outfit Grandma Cook got him. GO SUNS GO!Once again, trying intently to open her presents to play. Brenna is now taking a very nice nap since she was up at 6:30 and had so much fun at her party!

I love my little Brenna so much! It's true that she now throws fits and sometimes doesn't play nicely with the other kids, and can occasionally be a bit of a pill, but I love her anyway! She has such a lovely smile and she loves music so much! She can sing a few songs like "I Am a Child of God" and "I Love to See the Temple" and now "Happy Birthday" too! She has "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss memorized since she always wants to read it at bedtime. She has beautiful curly hair and sometimes even sits still long enough to let me play with it. She is talking a ton and in full sentences now and can say just about whatever she wants. She loves her brother Mason SOOOO much! She always wants to hug and kiss and play with him. She is learning to go pee on the potty, and we are hoping to jump on this time to potty train her. We even got her some undies for her birthday!
In short, she has been a blessing and a joy in our lives almost all of the time! We love her and hope to make this day fun for her!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Those cupcakes and cake are IMPRESSIVE! I did an Elmo cake when Kaylie turned 2 and made a Cookie Monster bean bag toss game. I wish I could've been there for sweet Brenna, she is a doll. Love you guys!

lynz said...

nice work on the cake and cupcakes - super duper cute! brenna's long curly hair is so cute too :) sounds like a fun day and i say go suns go too!

Mindy said...

I love the cakes! Way to go!