Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I am going to follow suit and announce how great my mom is! I am so lucky to have an incredible mom! I am a little sad that I can't be with her on Mother's day, but I eagerly await the next time I get to see her in only a month and a half and I realize how lucky I am that we see each other so much despite living thousands of miles apart. I am so grateful that she makes that possible by giving of her time and money that I know it takes for her to visit or for us to visit her. I am glad for the relationship we have and that it really just seems to get better as I get older. I can understand a bit better some of the sacrifices that she has made throughout the years to raise a family and give so freely of her time and talents to help us grow. Because of her I know the type of life and family I'd like to have and have an excellent example to pattern it after. She is also an excellent grandma who so obviously loves and adores her grandbabies. They are lucky enough to get to see her most days on the web cam too! Brenna will run to the computer whenever it's open and ask to talk to Grandma! I love my mom so much and hope to be as selfless as her one day! Love you mom! I can't wait to see you again! Thanks for all you do... it's inadequate, but I hope you know how much I mean it!



PS - It's worth mentioning as well that I have been blessed with a loving mother-in-law and step-mother-in-law too who are loved by us as well! We got to spend a bit of time with them today and enjoy living so near to them. They also especially love their grandchildren, and we love that they love them! Aren't mothers the best?

1 comment:

Kaleigh and Kevin said...

I love your mom too, also! :) I'm super excited to hear that you may be coming for a visit!! I only wish it was more often! I can't wait to meet Mason. We will definitely have to get together, at least once while you're here, if not more! I am trying to convince your mom and dad to move to Stirling... so far, not much luck, but maybe if you put a few good words in...