10 years ago today I was at my first or second day of highschool. I remember being in this big new place and already being confused, and then we started hearing about something happening in the US. Most of my classes that day let us watch the news coverage instead of do school, and everybody just seemed stunned. I don't think I really knew what was going on. I knew it was terrible, but I was young, and it seemed like something so far away and from a movie or from history, not from today and just on the east coast.
Since then I have grown up, and learned a lot more about what happened that day. It is devastating how many lives were lost and the implications of the attack. Since then many more lives have been lost in war. It is hard to think about these things being around us when we are lucky enough to live in a place and lifestyle where we don't have to see it every day. I am a proud Canadian and American, and also a lover of peace. I hope that we don't have to be victim to another attack, especially one so devastating, and also I pray for those people who were effected by 9/11 and those who have loved ones who are soldiers. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment