Friday, November 18, 2011

Tuckered Out!

Yesterday, we had a big day!  I have decided that I want to start walking and getting a bit of exercise during pregnancy this time, since after nursery every week I'm starting to be a bit sore and achy!  Maybe this will help me be more in shape for my pregnancy!  Anyway, so yesterday we walked to the park.  It takes us about 30 minutes to walk to the park.  We have play date twice a week, and I may start walking all of the time, but we'll see.  Brenna rode her bike, and I was a little nervous since we're by the road on the sidewalk the whole time, but she did awesome and was such a trooper!  That's a big bike ride for a 3 year old, especially when her bike is still one of those plastic trike things.  So, we walked to the park, played for a couple of hours, then walked home, and hour walking in total, not counting all the bike riding Brenna did while playing at the park!  When we got home I thought for sure she would take a nap, but of coarse she didn't go for it.  I put on a movie finally and thought she'd zonk out during the movie, but she stayed up and then Mason woke up and we went on with our day!
We had a fun afternoon and had a picnic in the living room with snacks, then to waste some time, and since they were dirty, I gave the kids a long bath with lots of playing time.  After the bath we needed to eat dinner, but nobody was very hungry because of our snack picnic, so we had some cereal.  I got everybody their cereal, then sat down to write a quick note... about a minute or less later I thought I heard snoring.  This is what I found when I looked over at the table!






So I carried my little tired girl to bed at 6:00.  Mason and mommy had a good hour of one on one play time before he went to bed too.  Fine by me!  Good night in my books!  haha BUT...
Brenna came out at about 7:30 and was sad that we didn't read scriptures, do prayers or sing songs, so I had to actually put her to bed again later... about 3 times.  haha silly girl.  Doesn't she know that mommy knows best when nap time is attempted!?

2 comments:

lynz said...

hahahaha love it! love that she's still holding the spoon and can't believe how big mason is getting!!! such cute kiddies :)

Hedgecocks said...

Hilarious! Fun times!