So, I would never wish sickness upon either of my children. It is NO FUN watching your child suffer and not being able to do much about it. I will say though, if one of my kids is going to get sick, I would rather it be... ok, this doesn't sound right, but maybe you understand. My kids have been sick. Well, first Mason got sick last weekend for a few days. It started with a fever that got worse instead of better, then after a day or two, was accompanied by a bad sore throat/cough/hard time breathing. He wouldn't eat much, he was irritable, cranky, wouldn't sleep any extra than normal if even that, and FULL of energy. But sick, so we couldn't leave the house, and if anything happened or if a cough attack hit, he'd be very cranky for a long time.
Then there's Brenna. A few days after Mason was feeling better (he still sounds a tad sick even days later) when we thought we were out of the woods, and resumed normal activities, Brenna got hit. Same sickness, except her fever and other throat symptoms hit pretty well at the same time. So yesterday morning she woke up hot and sick. She put herself down for a nap early after eating every bite of her lunch since I said it would help her feel better. (she usually won't eat much and never naps) She spent the afternoon mostly cuddled on the couch, mellow as can be, then at dinner time, she wouldn't eat, said she was tired, and put herself to bed at 6:15. She woke up at 8:30 for a few minutes, but fell asleep while waiting on a cookie. She woke up again around 10:30, but only for a few minutes, then she slept till 8! There were a few more interruptions, but all very fast and she always went right back to sleep! Then today she was feeling a lot better in the morning, but then it hit again, she napped again and has been pretty mellow on the couch all afternoon.
It's funny the differences. Brenna is definitely a mellow, cuddly sick person, Mason, we recently determined is a cranky, high maintenance sick person who I definitely don't want to deal with! So, I hope that Brenna is better soon too, and that Jeremy and I stay healthy so we can keep having fun and enjoying this cool (relatively) weather!
2 comments:
Lets be honest.......the male gender in general are big wimps when they don't feel good.
Sounds like your kids have the same thing Brody does right now... but he's somewhere in the middle of your kids for how he's acting with it. I hate it when they sound like they are having a hard time breathing. I wish I could breathe for him!! Hope Brenna gets better soon!
Post a Comment