Saturday, July 16, 2011

5 Years!


Our 5 year anniversary was on the 14th! It sort of passed by a little more uneventful that usual because I am here in Canada, and he was at scout camp! I actually almost forgot about it, but Jeremy was so good and remembered and we even got to talk on the phone for a little bit despite spotty reception and distance. I have been thinking a lot since then though about the last 5 years and how much my life has changed! I have been thinking about our dating process and engagement, life in the early stages of marriage and life now, and how it changes all the time! I have also been thinking a lot about how much I love Jeremy!

My sister said she was looking through her old e-mails a while ago and found some from when I was dating Jeremy.. they are pretty funny. I will give you a little taste from just after our first couple of dates (which were all in one weekend):

... I went on a date last night guys, and he is soooo cute! He's 6 foot 3! and he's got the nicest smile and he's so cool! I'll try and send you a picture. He's so cute! ... But, my date with Jeremy was so exciting! We went to a concert of 
Ryan Shupe and the rubberband. I was worried that it'd be boring, but it
was honestly the coolest thing I've ever seen. These guys were AMAZING at
what they do! And they even played the devil went down to georgia and holy
that guy can fiddle. Man, if they are ever in Calgary, I STRONLY recommend
you guys go. They are so entertaining to watch too. They do jokes and
sometimes funny dancing. AMAZING! haha loved it. Yesterday I fell down 3
times though, I don't know what was wrong with me! They weren't just like
little falls, they were all like face-plants on the cement. My goodness.
My knees are just little balck and blue and a litte red... it's not pretty.
Once in front of Jeremy too.... so sad. ... LOVE YOU!!

Love,
Lana

That is totally unedited except for shortening it down a bit and taking out parts not about Jeremy.  haha so there you have it, I was smitten from the first date I guess!  And I still think he's sooo cute!  haha and the falling down stuff I included because it's one of my most embarrassing moments that only those who were there can vouch for... haha Jocelyn, do you remember?  It was bad... 
Anyway, That's it!  Happy 5 years to us!  And to 55 more!  haha or even more because I just realized I plan on living past 80!  

4 comments:

J Fox said...

haha, totally remember, I think about it all the time, man that must of been embarrassing! Just kidding, but I do remember one of them, when you fell at the skate park and the computer speakers you were holding on to went flying!

Hedgecocks said...

I seriously think this is one of my most favorite blogs ever. I think you are sooooooo cute!

Laura said...

Happy 5 years to you!!!

Cara said...

So cute. Happy Anniversary-- to a cute couple.