Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Workin' Hard or Hardly Workin'?


I have to write and say what a wonderful couple of days I have had lately.  I had Friday off of work because of Brenna, and then yesterday and today I got off as a welcomed surprise!  We had sort of settled in to the routine of transferring a sleeping baby into her car seat and dropping her off at the sitters for the morning.  It is going really well too, I have no real reason to complain!  I am working which means we have a little extra money to have some fun date nights on the weekends, and I still got to spend the afternoons with Brenna!  I have to say though, these past couple of days have really been great for both of us.  I have been getting lots done around our house (which has been pretty neglected since I started working) and Brenna has been getting on a good nap schedule, and I've really loved spending the time with her, and especially being rid of the guilt of ditching her every morning!  There are lots of positives to working part time, in fact if I made a list the positive side would be a lot longer than the negatives, I just can't decide for sure which side would win on a scale.  The negatives are fewer, but heavier, and the positives are many, but MOSTLY (not all) just really 'nice to have's'... but they are really nice to have!  I know, life is full of tough decisions, right?

No comments: