I feel like I have so much to be thankful for lately, and I haven't written any of it down or taken any pictures! I am sort of failing in those departments! But I have felt really bad about not taking pictures, so I promise to be better! I should have like 100 to post next week of Brenna moving on from Kindergarten anyway!
So it was my birthday on the 22nd, and I was treated very well! It was on like a Tuesday I think, so it was a pretty normal day, but the kids were very into being nice to mommy and doing anything she wants for the day, so that was a treat, and Brenna kept spontaneously making presents for me to keep the magic going! Jeremy came home from work a little early so that he could make some dinner before running out again, and my sister-in-law spent the afternoon hanging out with us too! She also got me a blizzard to help keep us cook while we watched the kids at swimming lessons!
A few days later, my parents, and two of my sisters came to town to visit!! FINALLY! We had been waiting and counting down so long! IT had been quite a while since we'd seen them, and we were full of excitement! We took a mini vacation out to Gilbert for the week where we can pretend like we have no worries! My sister brought her one year old, and her husband for a few days too, and it was so nice just spending time together! I definitely enjoy this time more now that it's more rare! The boys did a lot of golfing - most of their special time was spent on the golf coarse. And we got to do some girl things too! The first day we got pedicures, and they were really nice! A special treat! We ate a lot, the kids swam A LOT and were in heaven our whole trip! We did some shopping, we got to see a play at the Hale Theater, which was really neat! It was lovely weather both for swimming, and for playing outside. We played lots of games in the evenings and got little sleep... it was wonderful!
Jeremy's birthday was also while we were out in Gilbert, and he got to go golfing at a nice course and was even allowed to beat my dad for his special day! I made him a Reese's Peanut Butter cake which I think was a hit! We also went out the whole crew for dinner at Texas Road House! Always an adventure with 4 little ones, but it went really well considering! It helped having 9 adults probably! My Aunt and Uncle were in town too and it was nice to spend time together!
We had to come home Sunday for callings, and Brenna had to go back to school :(. But we had a great time, and goodbye wasn't as hard as usual since in a few more weeks I get to go up and visit them! And see my brother and his wife who we missed having here!
We got to see my parents one more time before they left. We are so lucky that even though we live so far apart, my kids know them pretty well, and love them very much! They can't wait for our Canada trip, and neither can I!
We have much to be thankful for and much to look forward to, and, it could be the pregnancy making me emotional... actually Jeremy would guarantee that's it, but I am very grateful for our family here, family far away, friends, my sweet kids, and all of our blessings! And this pregnancy has been going so smoothly (knock on wood) and is quickly coming to an end, which is so exciting since I can't wait to hold my baby girl! I am 28 weeks today. Feeling good, feeling her move almost constantly! Brenna graduates Kindergarten, turns 6, and then we go to Canada, then Jeremy's sister is visiting from Ohio with her family when we get home, and I will be counting down the days till baby's arrival! Very excited for the next few months!
I wish I had more pictures or something... soon, I promise myself I will have some! I didn't even get any on Mother's Day, which was also very lovely! Fail!
No comments:
Post a Comment