Shortly after school got out, it was Brenna's birthday! She has been looking forward to it for so long since the whole family gets their birthdays before hers, and so it was a pretty special day for her! A couple of years ago I started doing this streamer thing across the door of the birthday kid so they can bust through in the morning, but now with nighttime potty breaks and nightmares and all of the different interruptions through the night I never know where to put them.. so the top of the stairs it is! And she came in bright and early to wake me up already dressed in an outfit that she very carefully picked out! I made her go back and read books for a bit because it was 6 AM, and I hadn't had a good sleep (pregnancy is rough that way).
We had breakfast and then went out to check out the pool and make sure that it was ready for the party. I opened the gate and let Brenna and Mason in, then I turned back to grab something, and Brenna fell in the pool! It was so funny! She has like never fallen in the pool, at least not in years. She had her hair all done, birthday outfit on, and she reached for a pool toy and fell all the way in! I couldn't stop laughing! She didn't think it was that funny that her birthday outfit was soaked!
This is her covering up while her clothes dry:
Brenna has been saying for a while now that she wanted to get her ears pierced for her birthday. Now, last year she said this to, but after I showed her a video of how it's done, she backed out and said maybe when she's a grown-up. So I wasn't sure if she was serious this time, but she insisted, she was ready to be brave and she was excited! I was more nervous than her! There was only one person working, so they had to do one at a time, and I wasn't sure how it would go!
She smiled through the whole thing, barely even flinched, no tears, no "ouch!" nothing, just smiles and brave faces. She really impressed me! And she LOVES her earrings! She reminds me to clean them all the time and is always spinning them and checking them in the mirror... such a little lady!
We got some ice cream to reward bravery, went to a great sale at a store nearby, then came home to Skype with Grandma and show off the earrings! She got to open Grandma and Grandpa's present while Grandma watched, and immediately put on the swim suit they got her (thanks for the gift by the way, it is so nice!) and she kept it on for the whole day!
Her party involved cousins, family, swimming, pizza, piñata, presents, cake and ice cream! Good time was had by all I think! I thoroughly enjoyed watching her have a great day! Thank you to everyone who helped to make it awesome for her!
(this is by far the cake I am least proud of in my career I think... but a cursory picture was taken anyway)
Today her Grandpa Cook came after dinner and took her out for ice cream, and made her feel very special, and so thank you for that too! She is a special girl who loves to take care of people and is usually very sweet and we love her so much! It's fun to spend a day celebrating someone you love!
No comments:
Post a Comment