Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Brenna Goes to School!

I can't believe it happened!  Brenna started school today!  I have a kindergartner!  Seriously so crazy, it makes my head real!  She was cute as a button in her school uniform and excited for her first day!... until we got to school.  Brenna hasn't gotten out much.  We very briefly did a preschool with her but only for a couple of months and it was a long time ago and it was at someone's house whom she knew.  She doesn't go over to a lot of people's houses, and has really not had much exposure to things outside of us!  And when we arrived, she got really nervous!


Brenna is obsessed with doing funny faces lately... and they almost always make me laugh.



She just sat in her spot and wouldn't do the tracing paper or coloring page, and she looked through a few books, but only if I handed them to her and put them back for her.  It made it really hard for me to leave!  I knew I'd be emotional... I bawled during her fathers blessing last night!  But I was trying to be strong for her!  I had a good cry in the car and I was very excited to go pick her up 2.75 hours later!




She LOVED school though!  The first thing she said to me when I picked her up was that she wanted to stay for full day kindergarten instead of coming home.  We may switch her over too, we will wait and see for a little while first though.  She got to pick a cubby, do a stamp of her hand and some circle time (which she said was the only boring part!).  I can't wait to see her learn and progress!  And to get used to being tied down to a schedule!  I took her for an ice cream cone so she could tell me all about her day, and she thought she was pretty special!
This was her when she got home and hurriedly changed out of her uniform back into "girl clothes"... I have a girly-girl on my hands and I'm in trouble!




2 comments:

lynz said...

awww! so fun :)

Unknown said...

It is so hard to leave them! Charlotte starts kindergarten too in a couple weeks and it's all day! Last year she did prek and the second day when I couldn't take her to her room was really dramatic!