Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's been such a long time since I blogged!  I was going to organize this all into a few posts with their own subjects, but as soon as I sat down to do so, two of my kids woke up at the same time covered in their own vomit, and I am still dealing with that.  So I am just throwing this all together to get it out there.  
We have been really busy lately, and I haven't been taking as many pictures as I should!  With the weather cooling down, we are spending A LOT of time outside!  With our short sale finalizing (hopefully we close this Friday!!!!) things have been stressful and hectic! (Even though closing should be in 5 days, there's still a fairly good chance things could fall through... not fun!) And my parents came for a visit this past week and we have been really enjoying spending time with them!  Oh!  And Halloween happened, and that's always fun!  I am leaving Halloween mostly out of this post though!
The kids have been out in our backyard 90% of the time that we are home.  I love it!  We don't have a good yard for playing, but they find things to entertain themselves!  At our new house, there will be tons of room for play!  Owen sometimes gets in on the fun too, and it turns out, he loves swings!  (what kid doesn't!)





When Grandpa got here to visit, it just so happened that he and Mason were totally matching!  I thought this was really great, but neither of them seemed that impressed!  haha what a cute picture!



We went trick-or-treating out in Gilbert at my parent's place, and it was great!  Such a nice neighborhood, and we had a really great time, both getting and giving candy!  The kids like handing it out almost as much as getting it!  And what a cute and polite Rapunzel and Homeless man I had!  Always saying thank you!

I think it's funny that Mason looks like he's sleeping in this picture!
On Thursday My parents and I took the kids to the zoo!  I had to go to the library a couple of times to get our free passes (apparently you have to be aggressive and I was not impressed by the manners of one girl in-particular!) but it was so worth it!  It was a little bit too much walking for the kids by the end, but we had a good time and it definitely tuckered everybody out!
Oh I forgot to add a picture of the giant pelican that was right by them.  The kids were both really nervous to be sitting so close, but it was really neat!  My dad even touched it!
This next picture makes me laugh, but it's definitely one of those "had to be there" moments.  The kids were in the petting zoo with gramps and gran (like how I shortened those mom and dad?  haha) and I was out by the fence taking pictures with Owen.  This giant goat had made it's way our direction, but I hadn't thought to keep watching it!  Suddenly I felt the fence rattle, and Owen started screaming!  I looked down and saw this goat just staring at him with his head forced through the rail.  Owen does not like goats apparently!  I couldn't stop laughing though, he wouldn't stop crying until we moved him away, but the goat followed him and did the same thing again!  Too funny!


  Both kids loved this little goat!








We also went to a Suns game with my parents which I had a really good time at!  And the Suns won in the last seconds, which makes it extra exciting!  I even got a babysitter for the kids, which was a big deal for me!
Oh, I forgot the other main reason I haven't blogged!  My kids have been sick!  They don't get sick often, but it has been crazy lately!  Owen had what we are now calling extreme food poisoning I guess (I'm not sure I buy it, but oh well!) where he had diarrhea for two weeks straight, and for one of those there was blood in his poop too (sometimes quite a bit).  So we spent some time at the Dr., some time at the hospital, and lots of time worrying, but he finally got better!  Then later that same day, he threw up for the first time in his life!  What?  Seriously!  So I thought he had gagged on a banana piece, but then he did it again... and again.  Luckily not on the babysitter, so she lucked out on that one!  Then tonight we had my parents here for dinner and my mom wasn't feeling too hot.  Then out of nowhere Mason puked everywhere.  Then Brenna did, and then Mason did two more times.... and now Jeremy's in the bathroom thinking he is going to too.... yuck!  I do not enjoy cleaning up puke!  BUT at least I am not sick and so far don't feel sick!  And my mom is feeling better too.  And Owen is too.  So yay!  I took this picture because it was so cute, but we didn't realize he was sleeping because he was super sick!


Jeremy's sister was also here for the weekend and so we were able to spend Saturday evening with his family and it was really nice to see Nichole and visit with the family again!  Mason also threw up there...on his cousin..... but that was motion sickness because his Uncle Jared had spun them both on the tire swing for a long time really fast.  Poor Ava was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So if that's not enough stress/excitement/barf for you, then I don't know what is!  Good day to you all!  I need to go to bed since I will most likely be cleaning up more messes as the night goes on, in between baby feedings!

1 comment:

Kaleigh and Kevin said...

We went through the same sick-bug in our house last month. No fun at all. Sorry you had to experience it!! Cute Halloween costumes as well. I bet your parents loved helping out for Halloween with the grandkids.