So, if you remember when I was bragging about this boy and his underwear... yah, I totally jinxed it! This picture was taken on May 10th. Today is October 8th. So that is 5 months of potty training. Ug. We went back to diapers after an unspeakable amount of accidents, and lots of crying and tantrums. The potty became a huge fight where Mason would cry if I even mentioned going potty. So we were back in diapers for a while, then we'd try again, then back... I know, the worst mom ever. They say not to go back and forth, and trust me, I didn't want to, but it came down to the happiness in our home vs. potty training.
ANYWAY, 5 months later, and I think we're done! Lets hope I'm not jinxing it again, but one week ago today we ran out of diapers for Mason and thought it was about time to try again anyway. That sam day I happened to find a huge book of Thomas stickers in the Target dollar spot (I LOVE the Target dollar spot!) and so we came home and made a sticker potty chart! Mason LOVES putting up his stickers! In fact, the chart is almost full already! He no longer has accidents very often, and has started telling me when he needs to go. And the most exciting news of all is that all of his #2's are in the potty!!!!! That was our biggest issue before, so it's a little ridiculous how happy this makes me! So proud of my big boy!!!!
1 comment:
YAY for Mason!!!! I'm just a little jealous right now though ... if you have any tips on getting Zach to go #2 on the potty, I'd appreciate any advice you have!! I think I'm about to lose the little bit of sanity I have left with this potty training business ;)
Post a Comment