This is Owen cook at 1 month old.
He went to the Dr. because he has blocked tear ducts and his eyes were gross!!! So we got some stats! He has gained over 2 inches, and over 2 lbs from his birth stats! So that's in addition to the weight he lost, which was more than average also! The nurse was very impressed with his weight gain! He is 10 and a half pounds already, and over 23 inches long! After her reaction I thought he was like off the charts, and for height he is, but weight is only like 71st percentile, so he's not THAT big! He sure feels and looks big to me though! He is already fitting into some 3 month clothes at only 1 month old! He also has a small head, but so do all my kids.. small to average heads, never above 50th percentile.
Owen is a good baby, but it's hard to say because he's been pretty spoiled. There has almost always been someone around willing to hold and cuddle him, and we've had a lot of family and friends around to make the transition smooth! He does get pretty fussy at times, but he only poops once a day or once every two days, and that makes him really grumpy! Yesterday Brenna was holding him when he decided to finally poop for the first time in two days... it was up to Owen's neck, and Brenna definitely needed a good wipe down and change of clothes herself too... I don't think she was too impressed!
He is sleeping alright. If I stay up for his late feeding until 11 or midnight, he will usually sleep until 6 or 6:30 with one feeding inbetween. Which I was thinking was awesome, but then I realized the reason I'm so tired is because if I stay up until midnight to feed him, midnight to 6 is only 6 hours of sleep, and I'm still getting up once in there to feed him too. haha so we'll work on that, I may have to start going to bed earlier!
We love Owen and are so happy to have him in our family! Can't wait to see if he is Mason's little twin as they grow up too! Here's a little collage I made just for fun.. see if you can tell who is who... It's a little hard for me to do!

2 comments:
Reading about the small head makes me feel better about doing am epidural after Kaige's head was 97% when born and still in 90's. :) He is adorable. I need to meet him when you get back.
owen is ADORABLE!!!!
Post a Comment