Alright, well my blogger I guess hasn't updated yet (it better soon though!) because my pictures still uploaded backwards. Luckily, these ones don't really tell a story, just a few pictures from out trip to Vegas this weekend. And I just want to say, it was the BEST two days! I am so glad that in the end everything worked out so that I could go and meet Jeremy and really enjoy ourselves! I will tell the long, boring, romantic story too just incase you're bored!
I have to start on Thursday though because it was just nuts how much the odds started stacking against us! We woke up and got ready for our Harkins summer movie that we do on Thursday mornings right now. We were going to pick up Olivia who luckily lives just down the street. While we were waiting for her outside her house I started to turn the car around and it felt very funny and wouldn't really move so I got out, and my front passenger tire was completely flat. I have no idea what happened. No sound or warning.. it was just flat as a pancake! So I carefully pulled up on her driveway, and we quickly switched car seats to Olivia's car and went to the movie. I was stressed out about the tire since I couldn't get ahold of Jeremy since he was in class, and I wasn't exactly sure what to do about the car... and then just before the movie started I got a call from Jeremy's mom (who was going to be watching the kids for us while we were gone) saying that she really hurt her back and basically couldn't move and definitely couldn't lift any children or bend. Great... Jeremy called just before the movie started and so I went out in the hall to talk to him and had a hard time keeping it together. His mom had basically told me that I had to get the car fixed or she wouldn't watch the kids (I was sort of planning on just putting the donut on and leaving it for the weekend) So Jeremy calmed me down and I went in and watched the movie... sort of. Mason wasn't cooperating (it wasn't a cartoon this week) and so I was in and out. We went home and I started calling about the car. Olivia was a life saver since she didn't have her kids all day and was able to help me out a bit with the car situation!
So anyway I won't give anymore details but to say that it was a long, LONG and difficult day. We had to go to discount tire after the roadside assistant guy switched our tire and they took forever, and after about an hour my kids (Brenna especially) turned into a monster... I was angry, frustrated and stressed! The rest of the day was spent fixing the car and then trying like mad to get everything else done I had originally planned for my busy pre-travelling day, while debating staying home since I wasn't sure if I should leave my kids if Suzanne really couldn't move much! BUT it all worked out (like I probably always knew it would in the back of my busy brain) and at 5AM after 3 hours or sleep, I was on my way to the airport! BIG THANKS to Jessica Kubie and Jeremy's mom for making this possible!
Everything about the flight was smooth and uneventful. I even took a bus to the hotel all by myself and checked in and had a hotel room in vegas totally to myself! It was a good, weird feeling! Jeremy was in classes (the reason we got to go is because his work paid for him to go to a conference and graduation ceremony for a designation he completed a while ago). So he had classes until 1:30ish, and I got to the hotel before 10. I had thought I would go sit by the pool and read/swim or explore the hotel, but I ended up just crashing! haha I slept on and off until about noon. Jeremy called then and said he'd be there by 1:30 so I got ready, and then I did read my book for a bit too!
So we decided to go explore a bit and find a place to eat dinner. Jeremy said he had found a necklace he wanted to get for me for our anniversary too! That was the sweetest thing ever and I was putty in his hands. haha nothing fancy, but the fact that he'd picked out something that reminded him of me was what got me. He wanted to make sure I liked it first though. So off we went! We window shopped, sighed seed (sawed? haha), tried to avoid the filth as much as possible, and just really really enjoyed ourselves! We decided to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. This was maybe the highlight for me. Jeremy said to order whatever I wanted, no matter the cost, which is big for him! haha and we were seated upstairs, and then Jeremy says that since it's a celebration of our 5 year anniversary, that we should say 5 things we love about eachother. That is usually the sort of idea I have! haha I was surprised by the suggestion, and more surprised that he seemed to have thought about his answers already.. at least some of them. I even saw a bit of emotion in him as he said his too, and obviously I was a bit emotional too... it was very nice. We didn't do too much now that I'm writing about it, but I remember thinking pretty often that this was the best weekend ever and very romantic! We took a nap sometime after dinner, then went back down so Jeremy could show me what he'd learned from watching people play roulette. We won $5 in the end, but I didn't really like being in the casinos all that much.
In the morning we had Jeremy's graduation ceremony thing which was good.. at first. Then they started reading the names, and after about an hour of name reading or so, I left, and Jeremy came about an hour later and said they still hadn't finished! We had to check out though, so we did that, then we were off again to explore. We went further down the strip this time, and had some fun. We actually played roulette again, and more than tripled our money! Then we high tailed it out of there and didn't look back! Jeremy put $20 and we walked away with $67! Yay us! That made back dinner basically and the necklace, and we were pretty much having a free trip (besides my airline). We walked really far, but my flip flops (that I don't often wear) were giving me bad blisters on each foot and I was having a hard time walking! I had brought bandaids for this purpose, but couldn't get them to stick! So we started headed back so I could switch shoes, and eventually went to the airport early and ate there and waited a long time for our flight which ended up being really late. But we got home, I slept on the plane apparently! And that's it! Everything went really well and I very much enjoyed our weekend!





Us in Vegas almost 5 years ago! Last time we were there. haha

So Vegas: sleezy, filthy place that is fun to visit if you can avoid the filth as much as possible, but in the end, glad we don't have to be there all the time! Great weekend! Love my husband, and so glad to celebrate 5 years!
1 comment:
you look really pretty in these pictures. jeremy is a lucky dude. happy anniversary.
Post a Comment