Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Three for Thursday

My friend Evelyn does this 3 for Thursday thing, and it's a lot of fun to read, and she started doing a linking up thing.. I don't know how, but I'm going to try and figure it out this week! I am changing a question or two though since they don't all apply! Alright, here goes, you can do it too!

1. Three things I'm looking forward to in the near future
Going to Vegas with my sweetheart to celebrate 5 years together... NO KIDS! I have the best husband ever!
Going to as many swimming pools and splash pads as possible during the summer and hopefully teaching Brenna to swim.
Going to Canada for a month to spend time with my amazing family, and our big family reunion.. I honestly am so excited for the next few months!

2. Three lessons learned since I have graduated from high school
Nothing beats having a few close girl friends!
Life's too short for drama.
It's ok to just be yourself! (ok, I'm still working on this one, but it's coming along!)

3. Three things I do once the kids are in bed
Relax, and eat a treat I've been hiding
Watch TV shows and clean up the kitchen
Sew or craft when I'm feeling ambitious!

4. Three favorite YouTube videos
This is my all time favorite.. thanks dad for showing it to me years ago, still makes me laugh!
This is another one that always brings a smile!
I think this is one of the funniest pranks ever.. just glad it didn't happen to me!

5. Three bad habits
Oh boy, well, I crack my knuckles a lot, I eat when I'm stressed.. or when I'm bored.. haha and I talk too much a lot of the time...

6. Three foods I will NEVER put in my mouth
This list could be a lot longer, but I will NEVER put any bugs in my mouth, I would never put nacho cheese in my mouth, or I don't know... a spoonful of mayonnaise.

7. Three things that I appreciate about my husband
He has a habit of being sweet when I least expect it
He is the handsomest man ever
he works very hard, and stays positive when things aren't going his way

8. Three cute/funny things my kids have said lately
Mason said Hello today and it was adorable.. he's starting to copy a lot, and he always says bye bye, but today he held up my phone to his ear and said Hewwo!

The other night when saying our prayers (I usually say most of them for Brenna) she suddenly interjected "and please help that we can watch Tangled tomorrow)... she's obsessed!

Whenever I ask Brenna what she wants in her hair, she tells be exactly.. 2 braids, 3 braids, 1 twist, 1 pony tail, on the top, on the side in the back.... she knows what she wants, and I have to work with her requests!

9. Three things that make me a “mean mom” (aka a GOOD mom)
My kids have a bed time and a schedule that is seldomly messed with
Even though I have a VERY picky eater, I TRY to make her eat her meals
I try to teach them to be kind, respectful children, despite the many examples of a possibly failed attempt. It will stick one day! haha

10. Three pictures
I loved all of the pictures we got in DC... we got some really cute ones of Mason and us that I keep looking at and smiling!

I do feel really bad that Brenna isn't in any of those pictures, so here's my newly 3 year old girl in one of her birthday dresses on Sunday! Love these kids!

2 comments:

Skye said...

Cute post Lana! Those YouTube videos just made my day, and I love Brenna asking to watch Tangled in her prayers... Grant loves it too and watches it almost every day. Good times.

Katy B. said...

Love it! :)