Today, I did this:
I did it using this blog tutorial. I have been wanting to make some curtains for our home forever, but I was a little intimidated... not sure why since these took me all of like an hour and were very simple. They are blackout curtains too, so hopefully no more 5:30 AM wake up calls *fingers crossed*. I really like the curtains.. my only concerns are that a) they are a little baby-ish and lets face it, Mason's growing up, but I've consoled myself by saying that they will stay in the "baby" room, so when a new baby arrives, Mason can graduate to maybe some more manly curtains. (I just now thought, these aren't really very feminine so maybe they'll always have to be in a boy room? I don't know... but for now, this is what we have!) and b) there's a little too much going on with the brown and green stripes on the wall and the stripes on here... it does have brown and green so in my head it was going to be good, but now I think maybe it's too much!
Oh well! I did them, I think they're cute, and since before there was nothing, this is an improvement! I will have to update on wether or not they make a difference at a later time after the trial period! For now, they are just pinned to the wall since rods are expensive and I am cheap!
Oh, and here's the little man, loving his curtains already!
No comments:
Post a Comment