Friday, May 27, 2011

Ok... I'm going to work backwards since.. I'm too lazy to switch all my pictures. That is blogger's biggest flaw if you ask me... I NEVER remember to upload my pictures in reverse order so that they show up in the right order... who does that?

So, on Wednesday night, we all (me, jeremy, the kids, my mom, my grandma, and my aunt and uncle) went out to this pizza place for dinner. They had heard about this place called Organ Stop. It is apparently well known that their pizza is only so so, but while you're eating, a big organ comes out of the floor and plays all sorts of stuff. This guy playing was incredible, and he had Brenna pretty mesmerized! There were also all sorts of stuff around the room.. Brenna was in heaven. BUT she requested Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and he didn't play it, so she was disappointed in that.

Earlier that day, I went out to Mesa and spent the day at my Aunt and Uncle's place with everyone. We went swimming in the morning, our first swim of the summer! The kids loved it and we stayed a long time! Then after naps, we walked over to this park and played and took lots of pictures!
I have been getting so many comments lately when we go out about how blonde Mason's hair is. I guess the sun is lightening it up!
New super cute outfit from Grandma Smith for her birthday, and a super cute girl to wear it!
Prior to all that, on Monday evening, we went to Desert Ridge to swap my mom and grandma, and to eat dinner. It was windy and actually a little chilly (if you're wet, it was freezing!) but the kids loved it anyway.. they played even though their lips were purple and their teeth were chattering. They finally got too cold though and we ate and went home! They were honestly happy as ever playing in these though, it was fun.
Ok, this is from a little while ago, and I know the picture is nothing special, but I love it because..... they can do this now! They can finally sit together and not hurt/cry. I made Jeremy take this picture and he said... "It's not very cute.. why?" and I said (pretty emotionally might I add) "They're happy together! It's beautiful, and I need proof!" Generally speaking, Brenna is unable to resist the urge to hug (squeeze the life out of), kiss (crank head and squeeze cheeks), or pick up (squash and then drop) Mason for long enough for them to have much positive interaction, so this was beautiful for me!

And, just prior to all that, we went to a diamondBacks game! Last time we went was a spring training game last year, and it didn't go well with the kids, so I was hesitant to take them again, however this time was so much better! Brenna was so excited to see the ball and the guys trying to hit it (although this particular game was VERY slow and we only saw like 3 hits in 6.5 innings!) We eventually did have to leave after 6 innings because Brenna kept trying to run off to climb the stairs (which are scarily steep! We were up like as high as possible in the nose bleeds.) and Mason wanted to play too, but we had a lot of fun while we were there!


1 comment:

Hedgecocks said...

I can't believe you haven't been to Organ Stop before. It's like a big thing to do when you go to them temple with a group. I guess we were holding back on you. :) You look amazing in the picture with the kids on the wall, and I think you should frame the one of Brenna on the slide. So cute!