This is going to be a lot of pictures, and a rather random reading of ramblings, but here it goes!
Lately I have made a couple of things, and there are oh so many more things to make! I need to get my butt in gear to get all the Christmas/baby packages in the mail in time for the holidays! Here are a few of the things I've made that aren't for gifts.
I made Mason a tie. It was supposed to be a thanksgiving tie, but it's just sort of a normal tie! I am planning to make him a Christmas tie too, but time will tell if that happens!
I made these ornaments. I got the idea from my friend Jaimie who showed me where she got the tutorial from here. I made this for the ornament swap I was in. I first made the one with white background, but thought it was too embarrassing to give away, so I made the second one, which was an improvement, but I still need some practice!
I made this headband for Brenna. I just came across this while I was cruising a new crafting tutorial site I'm in love with (well it's not new, but my sister-in-law Aly posted it on her blog, so I checked it out, and I'm so excited about it now too!) called Ucreate. It's great, I would encourage you to check it out if you want tons of cute do-it-yourself ideas! Anyway, this was fast, and cute!
I told her to strike a pose... not bad! haha too bad she won't keep it on her head for more than a minute or two... maybe I'll wear it!
In other news, here's a few things that we've been doing lately. We straightened Brenna's hair one day to see how long it was, and do escape the straggly look for a day. She is a little afraid of my straightener since she grabbed it once and burned herself, but she was brave and let me do it.
Jeremy wrestling with the kids. They love it when they get daddy's attention and both were clamoring around his legs for their turn to be thrown around, so they both got to do it together! It is so nice for me to watch them play and here the giggles! They love their daddy!
We had Devin and Stacey visit for a week at Thanksgiving and had a really fun time with them. They may have even beat us in Rook, so we are going to have to have a rematch sometime. We had a good time staying up way too late with these crazy college students!
This is our new morning routine. Us poor arizonans freezing our buns off in this extreme weather! haha Brenna wakes up every morning wanting to be wrapped up in a blanket and cuddle for a little while. It's my favorite part of the day too!
In other Mason news, he can now stand for short periods of time unassisted! Such a big boy hitting milestones right and left! Jeremy thinks he'll be walking by Christmas... I don't want to think about how quickly he's growing! Love kissing this boy though!
Brenna's been sick since Saturday night, and has been having very rough night times. At first it was a cough, and she would just cough a lot at night but stay sleeping. Then She started getting a fever and the last few nights have been horrible. She's up constantly crying, and now I think it's almost more of a habbit than anything, although she does still have a fever when the medicine wears off. Anyway, on Monday night she had been up a lot and I'd been taking her back to bed, but she eventually came in and fell asleep by my side of the bed on the floor. So the next night I made a little bed there just incase, and now every night she comes and sleeps there. We have a little argument about her wanting in mommy's bed, but when I start taking her back to her room, she says she wants the floor. So we do medicine and milk and cuddle up on the floor by mommy. It's now 10:16 and she is STILL sleeping in this exact position on my floor. Poor sick girl. I'd wake her, but.... that's crazy talk! I hope she feels better today! Mason is sick too, but he mostly has a runny nose and slight cough. He has had a very low fever twice now, but not constant and they don't seem to bother him.
So, there's my long, random post. Hope you're all having a wonderful December so far, and Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
Lana I can't believe how crafty you are, amazing! And I'm sorry about the sick kids, I hate it when mine are sick, I feel so helpless and exhausted... although I do like that they cuddle more with me! I am coming to Arizona for Christmas, not sure what plans we have exactly yet, but I think we will be in Pheonix for a little while.
I always love reading your blog because it reminds me so much of my own life. Looks like you're having fun crafting. Too bad we don't live closer...we could craft together and let the kids play.
Post a Comment