I have always loved roller coasters. I love the nervous feeling before going on, the inescapability of being so scared and almost wanting off, but realizing it's too late! The shaky feeling when you try walking after a really good one. It's been YEARS since I have gone on a decent roller coaster, but every time I think about them, I remember The Desperado. I was about 10 years old, and we were on a family road trip. I don't know how we ended up here exactly, but I remember we were driving (I may remember some things wrong... I was young. My dad can correct me if I'm off) and we saw this gigantic roller coaster. I'm pretty sure this is the right one:
My dad asked who wanted to go with him. I was the only volunteer. I felt pretty good about it too since my younger brother who was 8 or 9 at the time was too scared and I wasn't, and I'm not even a man! haha of coarse, neither was he at the time, but I still felt pretty proud. I was being so brave too. I believe that the reason we were going is because the sign said it was the biggest roller coaster in the world. It is now number 7 or 8 on the top 10 list, but at the time, it was the biggest I believe. So, waiting in line, I don't even remember being too scared... until we got strapped in, and started moving. Too late to get out now. That's when my dad decides to show me that he's actually pretty nervous about this when he says something to the effect of "What were we thinking?" right as the first car disappears over the drop. I don't know if I had ever been more scared than that half second between him saying that, and when the drop was over. BUT it was totally worth it! Nobody else in the family needed to know how scared I had been, just that I had done it! I don't know if I was crying when we got off or not, but I was definitely excited to say that I had done it. And what made it better, is that I had done it with my dad! It is a sort of vague memory, but one I like, and the probably the strongest emotion connected with it is not one of fear, but of love and faith in my dad! I love you dad! And I trust you with my life... even when you take me on rides of death with that faith! haha
3 comments:
I felt my stomach drop from just looking at your picture. I can't imagine what it was like being at the top ready to go down. I laughed so hard at what your dad said.
I even want to see you do it now.
The Desperado is a wicked ride! I loved it! Im glad that you got to experience it with your dad!
Post a Comment