Thursday, September 30, 2010

More of the Same

I have already said most of this, but here are some new pictures. Mason is crawling very proficiently now and will often go off on his own to new rooms in the house (when Brenna is not around to harass him!). Brenna loves him so much, but the problem is she wants to play with him and that doesn't often go over well. It is fun though to see them play and laugh together occasionally now that he's a little older! She's a good big sister, and today at the store, she turned around in her seat in the cart to stroke Mason's face and sing to him because she thought he needed to go to sleep. It was so cute, even if Mason didn't think so. She would pull his blanket up near his face, then stroke his cheek and sing made up songs in a sweet little voice to him. I almost got emotional right in the store at what a sweet moment it was!
Mason's favorite toy is cords, and he will crawl anywhere to find them. He finally took a bottle the other day, so we are trying to grab onto that and get a little more freedom as parents! He has been sleeping a little bit better sometimes, and that has also been an incredibly nice break for me!





Brenna is still potty training, and it's still not going great. She has good days, but most of the time it's a struggle, and she still won't go by herself, I have to remind her and then physically take her as well. I am so excited for the day when I can say she's trained! It will be a joyous day! We don't want to continue buying diapers for two, so I'm determined to see this through... sometimes.
Brenna has been learning her ABC's and their sounds and is pretty good at most of them now. She loves playing with blocks and reading and coloring and driving mommy crazy! I sometimes hope Mason will stay a baby so that I don't have to have another toddler so quickly! Although that's not very fair because I also love watching Brenna learn and grow and she makes me laugh often throughout the day as well. Hopefully after the multiple accidents a day is done, I will have more patience again!
She also loves playing outside and will sneak out there almost anytime I'm not looking. It's still so hot out so I try and keep her inside, but shoes or no shoes she could spend hours out there in the heat. This morning she snuck out while I was feeding Mason and she was still in her PJ's. Here she's showing me her bucket she has filled with rocks!

As a final side note, I have been trying CouponSense for the last two months, and it's been pretty fun. I get really stressed and nervous before going shopping because I want to have incredible savings and I have gotten tons more stuff than usual for about the same budget as before (our grocery/food budget is only $160 already, so it'd be hard to dip below that for a family of 4 with or without coupons!) so that's been nice. Today I was all geared up for my trip though and spent nearly an hour at a store finding all the right things and everything, and I got to the checkout and opened my wallet to find that Brenna had removed my credit cards at home, so I didn't have them. I was pretty sad since I had planned on hitting two other stores while we were out, but I will have to try and go without kids tomorrow or something now.

2 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Hahaha! Everytime I see Mason, I think cute little chubby Jeremy junior. Brenna is growing too fast too. Her hair is getting long.

Nichole said...

I love reading your blog, it makes me smile and think of those days when I was at your stage. I have had that happen at the store when I got all the required coupon items only to find that the girls had "lost" or misplaced most of them! What a pain! I am glad to hear that you are doing it though, I LOVE coupons and am fairly good at them. I could definitely help you save money there if you want help (we spend between $300-450) a month including diapers, for our family of 6.