Friday, September 10, 2010

Let me start out by saying that I sure do love this kid. His smile brings me instant joy and I can't stop kissing his cheeks. I think he is perfect in almost every way. Now, to vent for a minute, I said ALMOST every way because, this kid WILL NOT SLEEP! I may exaggerate a little in that statement, but it is only from frustration and lack of sleep. I am sitting here right now trying to distract myself while I, once again, listen to him cry in his crib after waking up from a nap which is supposed to be about an hour and a half, but which ended up less than 30 minutes. I keep going in to soothe him, but this has been going on for a couple of days now, and I refuse to pick him up after such a small cat nap when that means he will just get up and be cranky until he's ready to sleep again! He is usually such a happy boy when he's awake, but the last few days have been a bit of a roller coaster for him! SO, I just need to get this off my chest because it's not easy as a mom to listen to your child cry and not know how to help!
This is probably only really frustrating because, even though he is 6 1/2 months old, he has yet to sleep through the night with any sort of closeness or regularity. In this he area he is a difficult baby, but in most others he's a dream. He is up to eat usually twice a night and another time or two just to get his soother back and some reassurance. I know I'm only one in MANY sleep deprived moms out there, and I probably don't have it as bad as I think I do, but man, it'd be nice to have him sleep more soundly like he did when he was new!
Still, love him tons and wouldn't trade him for another baby who slept! Maybe for an exact replica that slept well though! haha just kidding.

And on another note, who couldn't love these two goofballs too. I am definitely one lucky girl, and it's nice to be reminded how lucky with moments like this!

1 comment:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

My sister Erin, a couple of cousins, and a few friends SWEAR by this book. I bought it, but by the time I started reading my kids were sleeping through the night again. Guess it does work...haha. I have it, but I have no clue where it is or else I would mail it to you. You could probably find a cheap copy on Amazon or ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0449004023