Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Travelling
I have a quick question for anyone who reads this who has traveled with kids. I am going to Canada for 3 1/2 weeks sometime, and I am starting to wonder what the best way is to keep your kids on some sort of a schedule while you're on an extended vacation? Also any suggestions for a sleeping arrangement? We will be in my parent's basement so we'll have one bedroom and then the whole basement and a pack and play. I can't decide if I should put Brenna in my room with me, or Mason in there and Brenna outside, or put her in my bed with me or get her to sleep on a mat on the floor... I'm worried if I put her outside my room (which is probably ideal) she will wander the basement when she wakes up. Any hints?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i have no idea, but the thing that's worked best for becks in our back and forth trips to canada is consistency with schedule (as much as possible anyway), and i even brought his bumpers from home last time to try and keep the crib thing the same for him. my mom borrowed a crib from a lady in our ward, and that seemed to help. consistency is key but not always possible, so you just have to the best you can and be prepared for some battles when you get back home! good luck :)
My advice is to be flexible. Every kid is different. I like Charlotte to be in another room than the one I'm in. If she can see me, she wants to be with me and neither of us sleep. If it is possible try to keep them on the same schedule that you have at home. When I visited my in-laws it was hard because they both work and so we wouldn't even eat dinner until the time I usually put Charlotte to bed. It created a lot of meltdowns. If I were to do it again I would feed Charlotte a seperate dinner earlier and put her down for bed at her normal bedtime.
I did this at Christmas in Utah for a week. This is what we did. Peyton went into a crib so he couldn't roam. Jack was in a pack and play and Cory and I were on a mattress on the floor. If you don't have a crib to put Brenna in, I say put her on the floor in your room and put the baby in the pack and play outside somewhere quiet.
Post a Comment