Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer in the Sun


I hearby declare this The Summer in the Sun! The summer has not only begun here, but is in full swing with temps starting to be in the 100's every day and plenty of reasons to want to jump in a pool. We have been swimming like CRAZY already, and there are no signs of slowing down. We have water park season passes, and Brenna asks every day if we can go. Unfortunately for her, I am not about to take two kids who can't swim to the water park by myself, but we will definitely try and go on the weekends with dad. Also we have ward play dates twice a week which have now moved from the park to the splash pad for some relief from the heat. Also, both of Jeremy's parents have pools in their yards/neighborhoods, and we are making good use of those already too! They live a little far to do it as often as we'd like though. We are always up for a swim these days though and it looks like we'll be spending a good chunk of our summer outside and in the water. I am stocking up on sunscreen, swim diapers, and flotation devices! If you have a pool and want swimmers, we'll be there! Also, I am hoping to at least get a good start on helping Brenna learn to swim since she always want to go... any suggestions on good ways to start? She will blow bubbles in the water sometimes, and she will lay on her stomach in the tub, but don't even try and lay her down on her back unless you want a full out screaming and wresting match!
Have a great summer ya'll! We are hopefully going to be able to see everybody between Canada and here, so get your suits ready!

This is our progress so far on swimming with her... she will go on her tummy!
Mason is always nearby, but rarely in the water.

Cousins are fun!

3 comments:

Jocelyn Fox said...

Can't wait to see you in Canada, it's been way too long. I think we'll need to have some sort of play date, because I think Holli and Brenna would get along great! Love ya!

lynz said...

send some of that summer sun this way when you get a chance! i'm jealous :) looks like summer's treating you swell so far!

Nichole said...

We have loved swimming too! I have been lucky that Lily is like a little fish and is completely independent in the pool (nothing I did) just a good floaty suit and a girl that loves water. Did you know that you can buy resuable swimming diapers? I've had 2 of them for the last several summers and it's saved us a ton of money! I found ours at Target and on Diapers.com Love ya!