Monday, March 7, 2016

Owen's 4!

We had another Birthday at our house!  Owen turned 4 on the 1st of March and he was so excited for his birthday!  Although of all my kids he is the one that actually wants to stay my baby and promises that if he could stop growing he would.  He even got emotional recently telling me he wished he could stop getting bigger!  I wish he'd slow down too, but It's fun to watch him grow!  He's 4 now and it's hard to believe!  He is doing very well with his speech and is much easier to understand now.  He is my affectionate, sweet, kind boy.  He is always willing to share with his little sister or do anything to help someone be happy if they're having a hard day.  He is the sweetest big brother and loves Sadie to bits.  He is Mason's pal and will tag along whenever he can with the big boys!  We all love our Owie to pieces and our family wouldn't be right without him!

To celebrate we had a fun birthday where he got to run through the streamers (I chose a slow motion video instead of photos this time, so I only have an after picture).  

He had school where instead of treats they ask for a book donation of their favorite book.  They sing to them, put their picture in the book and read it for story time.  After school we picked up one of his buddies and went to McDonalds for happy meals!  It was a special treat he was looking forward to!  Later that night we decided to out to dinner as a family (also something we never really do) to "the peanut place" (Texas Roadhouse).  The kids had fun and enjoyed a special night out! He has repeatedly asked when his party is and I feel a little bad for not planning him one... but I figure he's so little and won't remember, we'll save it for when he's 6!  


This is a picture the school sent home from a picture day I didn't know happened.  We didn't pay so we had to send the pictures back, but I snapped one first with my phone! 
You can't really tell but this is Owen trying to kiss Mason to say thank you for the present!  Mason doesn't like kisses!

They sang to him nice and loud at Texas Roadhouse!  He was not sure if he liked it or not, but it was fun to watch!

 We went to the doctor today and Owen got 4 shots!!  He was such a brave boy and didn't shed a single tear!  I was very impressed!  He is in the 91st percentile for height, which is way higher than any of our other kids have been by the age 4!  We've always thought he'd be the biggest and tallest!  Time will tell!  Owen is excited to be old enough to start soccer and things in just one more birthday!  As I said earlier, he is really a sweetheart.  I have heard only good things from his preschool teachers and primary teachers and I couldn't love him more!  Happy Birthday Owen!!!

No comments: