Monday, March 2, 2015

Mason

Well I have been slacking, also sick, sick kids and busy, but still slacking.  Two birthdays have come and gone in our household!  I'll at least give them each an individual post!  
Mason turned 5!  I still can't believe that I am saying that!  He's gotten so big!  He wanted an Octonauts party, so I tried to do that!  It was low key, but he had fun!  We played some games, ate Mac and Cheese (the only things he wanted were Mac and Cheese, yogurt, and apples.  So that's what we had!) and cake and ice cream!  And a few gifts, who doesn't like that!

I have really slacked on the cakes lately... so no need to be impressed...)






The next day was his actual birthday, and also a day off of school!  It was sort of a big let down for him after his party the day before.  We didn't do too much, but we did meet daddy at Sams Club for pizza for dinner, where since he's the birthday boy he got a churro.  Then we came home a did a few family gifts and some more cake!  All in all, I think he had a good birthday!  



He has the best smile of pure happiness that I know.  And it's great because when he does it you can just tell how happy he is!  He is a very happy kid!  He is obsessed with sports, and especially baseball lately.  He wants to play it outside any and all times.  He's got quite a good swing and throw too.  He also loves ipad games, especially angry birds and plants vs. zombies.  He is very smart, he reads already and is getting better at that too.  He has scary dreams so he is adamant about having at least one bedtime prayer, usually he says a couple before he falls asleep though.  He also is obsessed with pillow wrestling with his daddy.  Which is confusing because it usually ends in tears from someone who gets a misdirected pillow to the face or something of the sort.  He adores his baby sister, and is so amazingly sweet and concerned about her.  
He will start Kindergarten in August and I just had to register him... crazy!  I must be getting old!  Half my kids will be in school soon!  
We are so glad to have Mason in our family.  He adds so much love, laughter, and sweetness.  He is also good for teaching me patience, since he is very persistent when he wants something.  We love him so much!!




No comments: