So I wrote that a while ago now, but finally got around to getting the pictures together. That's the quick story though, and can I just say how much all of the kids adore Sadie. She is a little fussy, but we all love love love her! More updates to come... whenever I remember!
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Sadie's Arrival
I need to get this documented ASAP since I'm sure details are already being forgotten! Sadie is 10 days old now! Time flies when you're in love... and sleep deprived!
Well we were getting induced this time since Brenna's school started on August 6th and I was due on the 5th, and I didn't want to be in the hospital for all of the first day of school things! So we knew when it was going to happen (since despite all my hoping she didn't come earlier on her own!) and we got the call around 5:45 in the morning to come to the hospital. So I got up and got ready, and noticed that I thought my water was leaking a bit. I had been having contractions off and on for like a week, and so those were still there a bit too, so everything looked great! I was planning to get an epidural this time since Owen's arrival nearly did me in! And since I was getting induced, they said I could get the epidural before any serious labor started up! Score! But alas, the anesthesiologist was in a C-section, but they assured me he'd be right in, so they went ahead, broke the rest of the water, and started the antibiotics and the Pitocin anyway. (I was like a 3 at this point, one half centimeter more than the week before at my appointment). Fast forward 4 hours... I was definitely fully in labor, still no epidural, contractions were very strong and 2 minutes apart and I was mad! They were still telling me I was "next in line" for the epidural, which hadn't changed in like 2 hours. Jeremy finally had to go out and get the job done himself, and within minutes I was getting my epidural. I was like a 5 by now I think, and I was so happy that I wasn't in pain anymore! I took a short nap, then she came in, checked me again, said I was like a 7, but my baby wasn't enjoying this very much! So she sat me all the way up to let gravity do some of the work. She left for about 5 minutes, then came back and said my baby really didn't like being sat up like that, so she laid me down a bit, but when she checked me again, I was ready to deliver! So I guess gravity does fast work! I was feeling quite a bit of pressure to push too, so that was great! She called my doctor and told her to come quick! My doctor had just had a baby herself 10 days earlier, but, crazy lady, wanted to still do deliveries! But she was at home, so she had to rush over, which took about 35 minutes, the whole while I'm sitting there at a 10 with the nurse keeping a close eye incase Sadie just came right on out! When my doc finally arrived I pushed once, and Sadie was here! She was very purple! But as soon as they got her crying she pinked up! it was 3:06PM on July 31st, 5 days before her due date. She was 7lbs 13oz, and 19.5 inches long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment