Well, life has been a little nuts lately! In a good way though! We had Sadie on July 31st, I got home from the hospital on August 1st, my mom got here on the 5th, Brenna started school on the 6th, Mason started preschool on the 11th, My dad got here on the 15th, we blessed Sadie on the 17th an had the family over, my parents left on the 18th, the same day my brother arrived (he didn't stay with us, but we were able to spend some time with him and Whitney!) and the day they left, my sister Kari arrived, and she is staying with us for two weeks! Whew! I'm sure I forgot some things too, but it has been AWESOME! I have been not getting a ton of sleep, but life has been so good! I have my sweet baby to love, we have a schedule, Brenna loves school, and Mason does too, and family time is always a good time.
Having my mom here was incredible! She was so helpful, and we had so much fun. We cleaned and organized things, she spent some time with the kids, and took the boys on some grandma outings so I could rest, we shopped, and we enjoyed cuddling Sadie. I can't even describe how much I appreciated her visit and how much fun I had.
Let me back up and start from the beginning.
A couple of nights after Sadie was born Jeremy took the kids night swimming. We had never done that before and the kids loved it! Too bad they have such an early bedtime so we don't do it often, but it is something we will have to do again! Jeremy put some glowsticks in the pool too and they had a ton of fun! Sadie and I watched from the side!
Brenna's first day of school pictures. Her first day went really smoothly, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. She was smiling when I left, which made me feel better about leaving her. Not that I didn't cry, because I did, but she loves every minute of school so far! Jeremy was able to come drop her off too, so I had some moral support. Also, Brenna LOVES getting her picture taken.. so there are a few!
These Jammies that my mom brought Sadie are her miracle jammies. They are too small now, which is sad, but the first time she wore them she slept for 7 hours! To date that's her record! Every night she wore them she slept well though... so thanks mom!!
This little boy just kills me. I love every hug and kiss and cuddle and wrestle and high five I get from him. What a cutie! And so full of love!
Mason is really good at playing memory. He legitimately beat Jeremy 3 times in a row...
My awesome S-I-L Aly came over to meet Sadie and take some pictures of her! We are so lucky to have such a talented photographer in the family! And we had fun playing dress up and things with Sadie. She wasn't overly cooperative, but I think we got some good ones! Thanks Aly!
Brenna wanted to be just like Aunt Aly, so I gave her my camera... I now have about 150 shots like this :
Grandma's are the best! My kids are definitely blessed in the Grandma department! Both of their Grandma's are great! One doesn't love getting her picture taken though.. haha so there's not as much proof as there should be of her visit... also I am bad at remembering to take pictures!!
Grandma spoiled the kids! She bought them their first Legos! And they have just loved them! We play with them every single day, what a great gift! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Smith!
My dad arrived for a quick weekend so that he could meet Sadie and we could bless her. We got to go on a double date with them (and Sadie) which was really nice! I love spending any and all time I can with them!
Pictures from Sadie's blessing day! We didn't take any at church because I had to go to Primary after sacrament, and all of the kids ran off anyway, excited to get to their classes, so luckily we snapped a few before we left for Church!
Owen really loved Grandpa. It was so cute to see him always snuggling up to him. He also was a broken record of asking Grandpa to play on his tablet, but the cuddles were cute either way!
I didn't take any pictures of Devin and Whitney's visit, which I just realized and makes me sad! I will have to make sure and take some of Karli's visit while she's here. Jeremy and I were able to take Sadie and go on a date while his mom played and watched the other kids, which was really nice and we appreciated the chance to get out and spend some time together. We have been very blessed lately and are so grateful! Our family has been awesome, and friends who have brought meals and checked in. Life is good, and even when 3 kids are crying and messes pile up and things seem like they are falling apart, life is still good!
| Sometimes it seems like she never sleeps.. but she is a fan of her bouncy seat! |
No comments:
Post a Comment