We have had an eventful past few weeks! Mostly with the dying of our computer, and Jeremy's sudden need for a new TV (ok that's not true, ours was breaking bit by bit and we missed the good day after thanksgiving sales, so we said we'd wait till next Nov. but it turns out super bowl sales are just as good so with a little coaxing from his brothers he made the plunge!) and a few family events we have been busy!
I didn't realize all of the things I used my computer for! It was good to be without it for a few days, no distractions, unplug or whatever, but after a few days, I realized that I need it for recipes, to pay bills, and stay in touch with family, and I started getting anxious! It took us about 5 days to order the new battery, and then of coarse the battery took 1.5 weeks to arrive, and so it was a long time! But we are back up and running, and I have some updates!
My sisters-in-law and I have been having some fun! I have really been enjoying spending time with them lately and we even got adventurous and tackled a project that we had all pinned on Pinterest! It was so much fun and I love our finished product! All of ours turned out great! For our project we first needed a picture to use! Since my comp. was down and my SIL didn't have any photos to use, we did a photo shoot with our beauties first:
| They are so goofy it was hard to get a normal picture! |
Then Mason wanted in on the fun so we had our own private photo shoot after. Goofy kids!
Then we got all the stuff, and that weekend we got together and made our enlargements! This picture only cost me about $13 to do start to finish! And some great quality SIL time! Can't go wrong!
| Ignore the bareness and awkward lamp... we're working on it and it's almost how I want it! Besides the hair bow thing and the lamp which are both in this picture! |
Whalla! Pretty happy about it! Except it won't stay on the wall so I'm working on that!
Also Sylvia (who had a baby like 4 weeks ago an already looks like her supermodel self again!) and Jared blessed their baby last Sunday and it was really nice to be there for it and for the rest of the day! Baby Emrie is sure a tiny little cutie!
| Owen and Emrie, they will be pals! |
Oh, and the last thing! I went outside to pick some weeds and noticed that two of our bushes were totally dead, so I started pulling them up. When I got the last one out finally, I saw some movement, and then I noticed something. I thought it was the biggest worm I'd ever seen for a moment, but then realized, it was a little snake! Sort of neat! Snakes don't really bother me and the kids were thrilled about it! I called them all out and Mason touched it, while Brenna kept her distance. It lives in the dirt, as soon as I put it down it burrowed deep again, but how cool! It was maybe 1.5 feet long and not very big. I don't know what kind it is, but I thought it was pretty cool.
| The pictures are so fuzzy, sorry! |
So that's what's goin on! We are meeting some more ward members since there has been a play date started and I am really enjoying that! Brenna has a friend over now which is so nice for her! And for me! Hopefully soon I will be back with my next project completed, but there are so many equally deserving things I don't know which to choose!
3 comments:
You couldn't look hubby if you tried. Miss you friend! I want to doa picture now too!
Oops chubby darn auto correct
Oh my gosh LOVE the pic project you did. I'm so gonna have to try that. :) and I'm with poiette, you could never look chubby lana.....like ever. :)
Post a Comment