Friday, February 18, 2011

Mason's 1!!!

Mason, How I love thee. Ok... that's maybe the wrong mood to set. But I do love this boy more than I can say. He is one, and I am feeling a little panicked at how fast he's growing. I think with Brenna I was pretty excited for her to grow, although I did enjoy her as a baby too, I was just so excited to see who she became, and I am excited with that for Mason too... just NOT SO FAST! I had to move him to a bigger car seat last week, and I was planning to put it rear facing, but our car is too small. I almost cried. I am not ready for him to be facing forward! He's still a baby, and we were both happy the other way. Dang small car trying to make my baby a man...
Anyway... onto more logical thinking. I love this little man. He has brought so many happy things into our home and family. I think he is the cutest boy around, and I could happily kiss his cheeks and forehead all day (but sadly enough the days are fading fast that he will allow snuggles like that with mommy). I love watching him walk around, and now start trying to copy his big sister. He loves walking around with that floaty around his head like in the pictures and always has a big grin on, like he knows he's being funny.
He is finally sleeping better, and that is a huge relief for me. It took 11 months, but he is now occasionally sleeping through the night! If he's up it's usually only once now too. He is a big boy, weighing in at 23.75 lbs and 31" tall. He was in the 65th percentile for weight and between 85-90% for height. Everyone at the doctor's office commented on how tall he was. He was pretty upset about his shots, but I think he's forgiven me for his rude birthday surprise.
We celebrated with a very small party at the park on a cold friday evening (I know... it wasn't really cold, but I forgot a sweater and was wearing short sleeves). He got a neat train set from Grandma Cook and mom and dad got him a water table for outside. Also some clothes and things, but he didn't care much about those. Grandma and Grandpa Smith's present is coming with my sister on Monday, and Mason is very much looking forward to that ;).
So, basically, I love him, I'm sad he's growing so fast, and I now get overly emotional when talking about missionaries because the days seem to be going too quickly and I know one day I'll be sending him off for two years and wondering where the time went!

2 comments:

lynz said...

your kids are ginormous lana! they're so stinkin cute :)

Nichole said...

I keep saying the same thing to myself and my kids.."STOP GROWING!!!" But they never listen. Glad to see some sweet pics of my niece and nephew I sure wish I could see them in person! I miss you guys and appreciate getting to know you and keep up with you through our blogs. I think Mason is absolutely adorable and can't believe he is already a year old! Time sure flies. Pretty soon you just may be the 32 yr. old with 5 kids :)