Alright, I decided that Brenna finally needed a haircut. Her hair had become a bit of a pain, needing to be up in some sort of fashion to look decent. She has sort of funny hair. The top half is pretty straight, but the bottom half, and also around up the sides in the front are really really curly. I LOVE her curls too. I used to worry that if I cut her hair, her curls would fall out since it was mostly just the bottom few inches that was curly, but now that she's over 2 1/2 and her hair is still really curly, I wasn't concerned anymore!
OOPS! I was wrong. I only cut off about an inch, and I was surprised when it dried... straight! There are a few curly pieces up the side still, but now they look totally out of place since they are really the only ones! I cut her hair Saturday night before bed, and then on Sunday morning we went to church. I was playing the organ, so sitting up on the stand I could see her most of the time, and I have to admit, I got a bit choked up off and on when I'd see her and be surprised again by the lack of curl! She's always had curls, and I don't think she's any less beautiful, but it was hard for me to part with!
I didn't take any pictures, unfortunately of the before and after because I really didn't think you'd even notice the cut. BUT yesterday I did decide to straighten the straggler curly pieces for fun, and again, I spent the whole day getting choked up on and off because it was so different, but so cute! Anyway... long post about a silly haircut, but it was quite a milestone.
These are pictures from our photo shoot after we straightened her hair.
Ignore me in this picture... it was the best one of Brenna but the worst of me! haha
1 comment:
I wish my worst pictures looked like yours! Brenna still looks adorable. I know what you mean though... can you believe that Nate actually had blonde ringlets when he was a toddler?
Post a Comment