I have an announcement to make! Brenna is POTTY TRAINED!!! Oh man, does that feel good to say! We are on day 4 of no accidents, and I am confident enough to announce it without fear of jinxing anything! She now tells me when she needs to go every time and never has more than a drop or two in her undies, if even that! I loosely followed this method, and am proud to announce that I will no longer (at least not on a regular basis) be cleaning up pee and poo messes for a particular little girl! 
These are pictures of her in her undies, and lots of us doing happy dances to celebrate potty accomplishments. Brenna thought my victory dances were entertaining enough to photograph, so all the pictures of me are courtesy of Brenna.
So, we have gone back to pull-ups at night only because night time habits weren't forming fast enough, and I was tired of washing two sets of bedding every day, but other than nights, we are good. It took Brenna 4 days to catch on, but it was so neat to see. Once she figured it out once, that's the last time we had any problems. It was 4 days of nothing but accidents, then she told me once that she needed to go potty (the first time she'd ever told me that) and that was that! She's finally got it! I'm so happy I could announce it to the world... so I am doing just that! Potty training has been one of the hardest, yuckiest things I've had to do thus far as a mother, and I'm looking forward to the year or so I have until that opportunity comes knocking on my door again! Good luck to all who are lucky enough to try it in the next little while! I didn't love everything this girl said in the "3 Day Method" but obviously a lot of things I liked and used, and they worked, so what can I say!?
5 comments:
WAHOO!! I am glad it worked for you even if it didn't here. :P That is awesome!!! Yea for Brenna! Yea for Mommy! haha
Yea Brenna!!! You guys inspire me. I think I will give it a go in a couple of weeks. Hope I have a similar post soon!
Great job lana! I say that because you are just as much to be congratulated as her. :):)
So exciting!
Yippee! It's all just a matter of timing! You were a good sport and hung in there and now you'll feel the payoffs!
Post a Comment