Monday, August 31, 2009

Service

Well, as you know, I'm once again expecting a baby! We were very excited to find out, and are still excited for the future. It was just a few days after we found out though that the dreaded sickness set it. It isn't as bad as some, but it is a daily struggle. I am now at 14 weeks and I am hoping that it's over, or nearly so. I am not meaning to complain, just to try and explain how much this one act of service helped. I have been sick, only actually barfing once a day, but feeling sick almost constantly and never sure if going out is safe or if I'm going to barf all over people. I was expecting this because I had it with Brenna, the new thing was the fatigue. I wasn't exhausted last time. I have been so tired, taking naps often with Brenna instead of doing what I should. I have struggled with feeling like a bad mother and wife because I would just want to lye around and be close to a toilet/sink. Brenna was having to entertain herself a lot and the house never got any cleaner. For a week or so there I was actually feeling pretty down and out.. not like myself at all. A little homesick and depressed. I am feeling back to myself now, and am feeling a little less of the sickness and tiredness and hope that it is nearing an end all together. Anyway, the point of the story isn't to whine, but to explain how grateful I am for family/friends.
My sister-in-law Sylvia and I went to the spray park today to let the kids play and afterwards, getting ready to go home and hopefully tackle the dishes, she asked me if she could come over, not to hang out or play, but to help. I was tempted to say no, a little embarrassed at the dishes that had piled up in just a day, but she was insistent, and I am so grateful. I felt silly to be so emotional about it, but she came over for just one hour and we did the whole kitchen until it was pretty well spotless. She had been listening when I said how tired I had been and I just want to say again, thank you. It meant more than I could tell you and I very much appreciate it! Now my goal is to keep it that way... wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Luck.

Olivia* said...

That's really cool that she was able to help you out like that. I hope that the lack of energy will go away along with the nausea, that's just no fun. I also wish you luck with maintaining the house. It seems so easy but after a few days it seems harder to keep the routine. I know you can do it though! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. :)

Cathy said...

I feel your pain, haha. Sylvia rocks!! Good Luck with staying on top of it!