Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Angel - Little Devil

This is Brenna. In my opinion she is the sweetest, cutest little baby around (slightly biased). She has always been happy and .. angelic! I love her to death. This weird thing has been happening with her lately though. She can be a stinker! (pictured to the right with applesauce smeared all over her face, hair, and body, but sweetly folding her arms) She can throw fits! She has drastic mood swings occasionally! I'm completely in shock! Ok ok, I guess I knew this day would come, but SO soon? I don't think I'm ready! 90% of the time she's still my angelic little baby, don't get me wrong, she's not a total devil all of a sudden, but 10% of the time her devil side shows through. It's worth it though for all the neat new things she's learning and especially for the hugs and kisses she freely gives to her eager mommy. Now that everyone knows she has a little evil side, I'd like to fill you in on her latest accomplishments. I plan on making a video of her doing some of these things, but so far haven't caught her at a good time. She can do the star actions to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", also she does "Skimmarinky Dinky Do" pretty well. She does the sign for please and milk. She can point to her nose and say "nose" at the same time. She occasionally blows kisses, especially when you say "Bye Brenna, love you!" she will wave and then blow kisses. And most recently she learned to climb up onto a kitchen chair! She has also, for a while, been able to give closed mouth kisses, and if you ask for a hug she'll grin really big and run over and squeeze your neck tight. That's my favorite! I'm sure I'm missing some, but this covers the highlights! I guess to enjoy all these good things, I can endure the occasional douse of attitude she gives. I just need to figure out how to deal with it in a way that will not increase the regularity of these events!
Lastly, next weekend (or maybe the next one.. but FOR SURE by the next one after that) we are taking away the binky. I plan on ditching the binkies off someplace far from home (I will hire a binky-sitter) and dealing with the ensuing panic attacks... WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Ha ha! LUCK!!!! I think she looks like she is folding her arms in defiance! "Watch out mom! I'm coming after you next." That's what she's really saying. :P

Laura said...

Charlotte can be a stinker too sometimes. I have to say that I never thought it would be so hard to get upset with my child. When she's being mischevious, it usually makes me laugh because I'm in awe at how smart she is. I'm sure you find the same with Brenna. She's so cute, and the attitude is fun as you see how they develop and learn.

Katy B. said...

Welcome to the world of little girls....oh how we forget the lil' devil we each had in us at that age......hehehehehehe

She is a cutie, no doubt about that!:)