I just have to say that I have a superstar husband who made turning 30 seem like walk in the park! It was not exactly something I was looking forward to, but it was a great day that definitely eased the discomfort of getting old! I don't have many pictures of the day, but I have to say that my friends and family went the extra mile to make my day special! As an adult I don't plan on birthdays being as big of a deal as they once were, but this was my best one yet!
Earlier in the week I got a girls night with my sister-in-laws, which is always fun! Everyone needs a good girls night! Then on Friday (my birthday) my friends Wendy and Olivia convinced me to go running with them at 5:30 AM. I used to go with them twice a week every week, but I haven't been in a few months, and I resisted because I didn't think I could do it anymore. BUT I went to burn off some future birthday calories. We did a 3 mile run and I survived (barely) and then they kidnapped me! Really, they blindfolded me and kidnapped me! They took me to kneaders for an early morning breakfast! I was very surprised! They are such good friends!
I went to park day after when the kids were all up and ready and got another nice surprise of another friend who had made a pie for me! I had told her a month or two ago that her pie was DELICIOUS! And she remembered and saved that tidbit for my birthday!
After the park my sister Karli came over and brought lunch and a gift! I am already getting so spoiled! And it turns out Karli definitely should have made an excuse to skip lunch because she had a lot going on that day!
So Jeremy and I met Suzanne out for dinner at Raising Canes (which I'd been wanting to try). We then drove home to drop off the kids and Suzanne (she was going to babysit). So I knew about this much and I knew there was something going on after, but I didn't know what. Then when we went inside, SURPRISE!! Jeremy had arranged for Karli to come decorate and unlock the door while we were out for dinner and his brothers and their wives, Karli and Brock, and Sherry and Abe to all come over! There was cake and everything! I thought that was the end then and that we were going to stay in a play, BUT then Jeremy had everyone get in their cars and we took off! (minus the kids and Suzanne who stayed home). He surprised me by taking all of us to the Escape Room out in Anthem. SO MUCH FUN! I would do it again in a heartbeat! We had an hour to try and escape this room filled with locks and clues. I had such a good time and it was something I'd been wanting to try.
The next day I even got to go out for pedicures with Sherry (another great friend!)
and have a game night too! It was a full, fun weekend!
Sometimes it's easy as an adult and a stay at home mom to feel lonely, unappreciated, or isolated. I was lucky enough to be reminded that I have some great friends, and a loving husband and family. Thanks to everyone for making it a special day! I felt loved!
After the surprise!
Waiting for our escape room to open!
After. We DID make it out, it was just like 1 second after the time ran out! Literally! But I really had the best time! What a fun date night, and a good group to do it with! Thanks again guys! And a big thanks to Jeremy for being so thoughtful and putting it all together!
I don't know why these pictures look so weird, but that's what I've got! Apparently 30 isn't bad, it's pretty fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment