Today my little munchkin turned 1! I'm still in denial I think because every time we talk about what was happening one year ago today I feel like it was just yesterday! We didn't do much to celebrate, because, lets face it... she's one! But we had a nice day as a family! I'm starting at the end though! I decided to do my own cake smash photo shoot to make up for not having a party and for being the 4th child (although I rarely feel that she is slighted for that!). So the cake smash didn't go as well as it did in my head! The cake was fairly sad looking (my icing wouldn't stop melting!!) And Sadie didn't even really get into it! She was more interested in the cupcakes she saw the other kids eating! We tried to convince her to eat hers, but she only ate like one bite and we shoved that one in her mouth! Oh well, she looked cute doing it!
| This picture is blurry, but it makes me laugh so much! Those eyes! |
We also tried to do some presents! Although besides grandparents, and one dress we got her, the kids just chose some of our old toys to give to her! And it worked out well because she didn't care at all about what was in the presents! haha she took like 10 minutes to open her first one (from Grandma and Grandpa Smith this morning, so that she could wear the outfit!) and then later when we did the rest, she didn't care... the kids took the toys out and shoved them all on her!
Oh look! A few more cake pictures! haha I wish I had the patience to reorganize the pictures right now!
We had a nice overcast day here too so I took her out to the backyard to snap a few pictures and see if we can get a good one... I definitely appreciate that great pictures come from good cameras and some training though! I kept kicking myself for missing the moment, but we got a couple of cute ones!
It's hard to believe a year has already flown by. We can't imagine our family without our sweet Sadie. She is loved by all (like really, deeply, physically can't keep their hands off loved!) in our family and usually such a ray of sunshine! She has gotten the hang of squealing lately. If she is not getting the attention she wants or if someone is bothering her, she squeals high and loud! I still think it's cute for now..
She is still a big girl, and a healthy eater! She Can say a few words, but the only one I'm positive she is doing on purpose is uh-oh. She also loves growling and does it anytime she sees an animal. She will mimic a lot of things which is funny.
She loves her daddy a lot! Today he met us at the summer movie and Sadie was so excited, she went from tired and grumpy to giggling, smiling, and kicking her legs in excitement in half a second!
Sadie can be called Sadie, Sadie Rae, Sade, Princess, or Sweat Pea depending on who is talking to her. She takes two naps a day still, is walking like a pro, has 5.5 teeth, and is a climber all the way too. She loves drinking out of straws and cups and she can go both up and down the stairs. It will be nice to have some more quiet time with her and Owen when the older two go to school in a week! She is pretty content just to walk around an play if she can have some peace!
We are so grateful for her! Brenna told me today she thinks we should have one more baby too though now that Sadie isn't our little baby anymore. I'm not too sure she's wrong! I guess we'll see what the future holds, but for now I'm cherishing every last baby moment!


No comments:
Post a Comment