This is going to be in reverse order, because that's how the pictures uploaded and I am far too impatient to deal with that! We had such a fun vacation! Mason woke up crying the day we had to leave! Broke my heart! We were busy, and enjoying the warm weather (although I also enjoyed the cooler weather!). We were supposed to go to Calaway Park on our last day, but Brenna woke up throwing up, and then Mason started around noon when she stopped, so we spent the day laying around on couches mostly! Sort of a bummer, the kids were really excited about Calaway! But it was good to get organized for our trip home! That night though everyone in the family came over and had dinner and played games, and it was a really really nice evening! I love my family!
We spent a day at the lake since it got so nice and warm! The kids played all afternoon in the sand, and even went for a little swim at the end despite the cold water! All it took was daddy and grandpa to jump in! They built a sandcastle for a long time, and then took turns getting buried in sand!
We went to Lethbridge for my cousin's wedding, and hit up a park in the afternoon!
At Grandma's house we got out the slip n' slide one day. Brenna and Owen enjoyed it a lot, but Mason and Curtis weren't so thrilled about it. I should have got a better photo too, but I wanted to try and document the craziness of the mosquitoes! Mason was covered in bites like the whole time we were away! I counted 25 after this picture. Poor kids!
We were in Lethbridge also for a family reunion! A HUGE family reunion of my Grandma Peterson and all of her siblings. So there were like 300+ people there! It was so much fun! I even got to catch up with two of my second cousins who I haven't seen since high school. They had a giant slip n' slide that Brenna never got off of, and lots of fun games and lots of food! Really good food! And on Canada Day we, as usual, hit up the Raymond Parade! But this time we had a float in the parade! We opted to sit and watch so that the kids could catch candy, but we could have been in the parade if we wanted to! We all had matching Fairbanks Reunion shirts too!
This is our float! And all the people walking behind it! There are like 676 people in the Fairbanks family!
Owen was so tired, he had a nap right on the ground!
Owen was so cold after doing the slip n' slide, it was cracking me up watching Brenna help him back up to the top... this was like 2 minutes before his nap.
We had to wash the car after our tip to Lethbridge, because it was like plastered in mosquito guts! It sounded like it was raining on our drive home but we were just hitting mosquitoes! Good thing washing cars is so fun!
It was sad to leave, and hard because we were enjoying everything so much! BUT my mom is coming soon, and we need to be home to have a baby! I am now in full nesting/baby mode and can't wait... I am uncomfortable, and pretty grumpy, and eager for baby to arrive! As, I'm sure, is everyone else! My parents were so great while we were there, and my favorite part was just being with everyone and playing games and talking. And watching Owen love on Grandpa.. he calls him Papa which I think is so adorable, and they were good buddies!
No comments:
Post a Comment