Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Of Those Days

Man, so yesterday, many times, was just one of those days!  You know those days where you start off all right and with a good solid plan, and then...
It's not a long story... I have been doing better lately about things.  I made a schedule for myself for cleaning the house and I have been staying pretty on top of it.  I've been taking the kids swimming and doing arts and crafts.. you know, being a good wife/mom.  And it's felt good!  So yesterday was Monday, and I was eager to tackle the weekend mess and so I started with a plan!  I got up and did laundry first.  And while sorting I got annoyed at all the stains on whites, so I decided to do some bleaching.  I've been meaning to forever.  It never seems to work great for me though, so this time I filled up the bathtub downstairs with water and bleach and stuck all the whites in there.  I was going to let them soak all day long.. maybe even overnight!  So I shut the curtain and didn't tell anyone so that I wouldn't find any curious hands in the water.  Then I rounded up the gang and decided to get grocery shopping out of the way bright and early. 
Taking three kids to the store is never fun.  It's sometime manageable, usually a bit of a nightmare... but I do it quite often.  This was a stressful trip with both Mason and Brenna out of the cart and on some sort of high, they would not stay by the cart for any amount of bribing (or threatening).  I lose Mason like 3 times and Owen just wouldn't stay seated in his seat in the cart!  I was sweating bullets by the end!  The last thing on our list was watermelon and the kids were so excited to pick one, they started trying to pick them up out of the box.  I was trying to strap Owen in since he was intent on suicidal activities over in the cart and I'm telling the kids don't pick them up, stop it, don't pick them up, wait for me!  They were to heavy for mason (thankfully), but Brenna got one up and out of the box (to my surprise!) before her ears opened up to what I was saying.  She sort of panicked, plus it was very heavy and almost tried to throw it back in the box.  Needless to say, she shattered the watermelon.  In the entrance in front of plenty of people who were probably all looking at me like "why is this lady here letting all of these hooligans running lose and wreak havoc?"  
It didn't get better.. I picked up the watermelon cracked in half and offered to pay.  They said not to worry.  I was still struggling with the kids a bit during checkout when the lady decided to actually check my ad matching (which was correct by the way) while I wrestled with the kids (still trying to convince Owen there was plenty to live for and throwing himself out of the cart was not necessary).  Whew!  We got to the car and got home and everyone survived.  Boy was I ready for quiet time though!

So the day went on, and it wasn't so bad.  I told the kids I'd take them swimming after I cleaned the pool.  Brenna was in on my little secret in the bathtub, but sworn to secrecy.  The problem is.. it smelled quite strong!  After we swam (which is chaotic in it's own right with Owen around) and came back in, I let everyone stay in their swim suits for a nice relaxing afternoon/evening outside mostly... that's when Mason came running back from the bathroom, where he had just relieved himself.  He excitedly told Brenna (in a bit of a whisper) that he had found clothes in the tub.  I heard (because of my super-mom ears... does he think that's whispering??) and quickly told him he's not to touch and leave them totally alone.  A few minutes later he needed to go pee again... can you guess what happened?  I couldn't have.  Yup.. he peed, in the tub full of clothes and water.  His reason?  He thought that was the toilet.  Uh huh, that's what he's going with.  

It was actually not a bad day, we had fun in the pool and got our chores done and bedtime went well and I love my kids very much!  But when Jeremy got home from work late that evening and I was telling him about my day I realized... it had been one of those days!  I think for a while I will stick at shopping at the store with free child care while you shop, and monitoring more closely Masons trips to the bathroom... apparently we need to work on some things in that area!  I should have taken some photos of the watermelon or something to accompany, but unfortunately in those moments when some people are aware enough to snap a photo quick, I am mostly embarrassed and frustrated and not thinking of my camera!


Oh, and on the up and up, today I went to the doctor and the library with the crew, and it was much less eventful!  But I'm not tempting fate, we will stay in the rest of the day!

1 comment:

LOCKHARTS said...

Oh Lana! I feel your pain. Love the kids, but man shopping with them is crazy! No amount of bribing contains my boys.