6 years ago (yesterday) was this beautiful day. Well, ok, not exactly. These pictures are from my Canadian reception which was one week before the actual wedding day. I much prefer these Canada pictures to our actual wedding day pictures (being it my first day in 115 degree weather, not lookin so hot!). SO, back to the point, happy 6 year anniversary to us! My kids decided to make our day special. To start it out, Mason apparently had snuck out before anybody else had been awake and drank acetaminophen. Yup, somehow got the lid off the bottle (I even checked the child lock because I knew I was planning to leave it on the counter, more on that later) drank some, and dumped some on the carpet. We are sleeping peacefully in our bed all the while. Then when Brenna woke up, she was still feeling sick (she'd had a 103.3 degree fever the night before, hence the plan of leaving the tylenol on the counter with measuring spoon for easy overnight access). So I went out to get her a drink and stepped in something red and sticky on the carpet. I was so confused until I smelled it and saw the drippy bottle back on the counter. I ran in our room and Mason proudly admitted that he'd drank the medicine. so I got the number for poison control ( I don't know how serious this is or anything) and gather supplies for cleaning the carpet. I get down to start cleaning the carpet and no sooner do I sit on the floor that Brenna promptly starts barfing a few feet away. She'd been sick and hadn't eaten in 24 hours, so it was all water thank goodness, but still... not pleasant. So Jeremy jumps up, and takes Brenna to urgent care. We were pretty sure she had strep throat. I clean up the messes, call poison control (turns out, no big deal!) and get ready to go play the piano at a funeral. Jeremy runs in the door with Brenna (no strep, just a virus) and I run out to play at the funeral (where the A/C was out.. HOT!) When I got home, Jeremy said someone had called wanting to see our house (it's up for rent) so we cleaned quickly, then waited... and waited... and waited... ok, they're a no-show for seeing the house.
WHEW! What a day so far! We had a date planned, and Brenna was just vegging, so we planned to go. Jeremy's mom was babysitting. She got here late and we had an appointment, so we ran out the door shouting directions as we went. At this point, I had been on the brink of tears because I thought we were going to miss our massage appointments for 4 since she was late and I had been really looking forward and kept a good attitude all day since I knew we were going out.... phewf, just barely got out in time to save me from breaking down!
Then we had a very nice time getting massages, and eating out, playing checkers and getting groceries. I really enjoyed our date night and spending time with Jeremy. We had a good time visiting, and lame as it may sound, I like grocery shopping with Jeremy (and our fridge was almost completely empty! so we didn't have a choice!)
It's hard to believe it's been only 6 years! So much has happened! We have 3 beautiful children to show for it! I sure do love my man! Happy anniversary sweety!
Us on our honeymoon 6 years ago...
And us on our 6 year anniversary yesterday! Not much has changed!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a weekend kind of like mine (I'll post about it soon)!!! Happy Anniversary, I remember the day well. And last date I did with Jeff included grocery shopping as well! Much more fun going with him then two little monsters!
You guys are so timeless. You really haven't changed much. Looking good! Happy (belated) anniversary!
Post a Comment